• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Let's close Yellowstone!...and then some.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
ok, before everyone gets all upset, let me explain; as I really don't want the park to be shut down. Nor do I want more limited use on sleds...and I just bought a CBU license plate today!

I have a buddy that says that if they are going to shut it down for the sledders, might as well shut it down for everyone. These morons can't compromise with us and if we are losing the battle, then let's take another approach.

If they won't compromise, maybe we should work on banning them? Not just from the park but other pristine wildlife areas, like the Gallatin National Forrest; Bridger Bowl...You mean cross country skiers don't bother the pristine wildlfe? What about the trails they cut for these guys?

For the park; I bet with the technology in the 4 stroke sleds, that they probably run cleaner than a lot of cars. And they are only allowing how many sleds in the park? I thought it was something like 320 per day now...maybe they should impose a similiar limit on vehicles going through in the summer!...bwahahahahaha! Again...I don't want this to happen, just pointing out the hypocrisy...

Think about how much traffic there is in the park in the summer. How many hundreds of thousand of vehicles venture through there? Old/new motorhomes putting out hords of diesel smoke...motorcycles with their loud exhausts...littering...all the tourists botherig the buffalo...i've seen people drive off the road (making new tracks!) to get a closer look at the bison. This would be a great stat to pull, on how many of these people get towed.

Don't forget about Bridger Bowl...didn't they just expand some lifts recently? What about what is going to happened to the precious lynx?

Anyway, if you can't beat em, join em at their own game!

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I have often thought that way myself, I think they would be just as happy to have the whole thing shut off to all motorized travel, IMO I think that they don't push the car travel issue, because there are a lot of the lefty greenies that live around the park and have businesses in the area know that something that drastic would hert there pocket books. IMO we don't want to weaken on our battle to save our park. We should start pushing the other way and designate our own areas of our national forest tobe multi use areas, and get a judge to sign our new multi use act, so it can not be turned into wildernes. LOL Sometimes it gets to be to much for me, I can not understand there way of thinking! A friend to me that is because there is common since to what we want for our public lands.

Premium Features