• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's Who....

D
Oct 19, 2009
Erie, Pa.
Greetings from Pa.!

I know this is Sno"West" but here in the East, there didn't seem to be anything available to lear, read, chat, or otherwise with others. My name is Denise-"Dee" to many of my friends-and I live in Erie, Pa.! right on the Great Lake of same name. I have been reading many of the posts on here, and somewhat envious because your riding seasons start much earlier than here. Must wait for Lake Erie water temp to drop for any sufficient snow fall to occur. I ride with 2 guy friends I inherited from my brother when he bolted to Florida. Was asked once at the end of a boating season if I wanted to try it since there was a spare sled-well, 10 yrs. later very hooked. I wish there were other girls around here who rode, but not a common thing unfortunately. Most that do ride around here do what is referred to as "alcohol runs" and spend the day riding from bar to bar, andmay only cover 100-200 miles a season. Heck, I do that in a day(maybe more miles) when we trailer to somewhere. To get good riding in, must trailer at least a hour away to either South western New York state or in mid-state(Pa) to Allegheny National Forest. The 3 of us always do a really big journey up North(Canada) for a week of riding. I amy not be the most aventerous rider, but at the end of the day I am not the one of us in group hurting. I have been known to pass out heating pads, and icy hot to boys after dinner. I do enjoy the lifestyle, the adventures, experiences, and travels I have been on in 10 yrs, and looking forward to many, many more!

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
Hey all, my name is Susie and I love the snow! I grew up in Alaska watching my Uncle ride in the Midnight Sun 600 race but with 7 kids in my family our snow fun consisted of cross country skiing. After moving to Eastern Oregon in my teens I started riding a 340 Enticer (or something like that) with my now ex husband and then got out of riding for many years. Now I ride a Polaris Switchback 600 that gets me around pretty good. I'm not as aggressive as a lot of you gals but as I ride more my confidence goes up.

After loosing 19 lbs so far and hoping for more before winter sets in, I should be able to better get my butt off the seat and move around while I ride.

I have a son who is a fantastic rider (must have been because I rode a bit while pregnant with him 27 years ago) and another son who loves to ride too.

If you see a red, black and grey switchback around Diamond Lake with red bull ballz hanging from the back, it's me! I earned them on my first "guy" ride last year. My arms felt like noodles from riding in the powder all day and getting stuck but I never complained and another guy said NUFF even while I was thinking it so the next ride out, they said I earned my ballz and put them on for me!

Summers are spent golfing, camping and jeeping. My favorite time is spring while I can ride one day and golf the next.

Nice to meet you all.

IMG_1242.jpg

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Hey all, my name is Susie and I love the snow! I grew up in Alaska watching my Uncle ride in the Midnight Sun 600 race but with 7 kids in my family our snow fun consisted of cross country skiing. After moving to Eastern Oregon in my teens I started riding a 340 Enticer (or something like that) with my now ex husband and then got out of riding for many years. Now I ride a Polaris Switchback 600 that gets me around pretty good. I'm not as aggressive as a lot of you gals but as I ride more my confidence goes up.

After loosing 19 lbs so far and hoping for more before winter sets in, I should be able to better get my butt off the seat and move around while I ride.

I have a son who is a fantastic rider (must have been because I rode a bit while pregnant with him 27 years ago) and another son who loves to ride too.

If you see a red, black and grey switchback around Diamond Lake with red bull ballz hanging from the back, it's me! I earned them on my first "guy" ride last year. My arms felt like noodles from riding in the powder all day and getting stuck but I never complained and another guy said NUFF even while I was thinking it so the next ride out, they said I earned my ballz and put them on for me!

Summers are spent golfing, camping and jeeping. My favorite time is spring while I can ride one day and golf the next.

Nice to meet you all.

That made me laugh!! thats is some funny stuff right there balls on your sled it cracks me up....:rose:

W
Nov 28, 2007
Wyoming
Greetings from Wyoming

Howdy, My name is Sherri and I live in southern Wy. I'm a Sled-o-holic :beer; I've been riding sleds since 1967 and love technical riding with no tracks. I have never really rode with any extreme women riders as it's mostly with the guys. However, I did meet Kim Jackson on here and did get to ride with her which was so cool. Haven't been able to make the girls ride yet, can't wait to meet all you passionate women sledders there sometime. I grew up thinking I was alone. Been on here since the beginning of the forum and it's sure been neat watching this forum's women sledders grow to what it is today. Don't post much anymore, something to do with being busy. I am now a G-ma and my G-daughter at the age of 18 mos already loves sleds and is lokking for the Snowest (just like her dad did ), and any action shot she says Whoa! can't wait to get her started so hoping to teach her some even this season. A 3rd generation sledhead. I worked in the Gas and Oil field for 20+ years and I'm currently retired ( I spent way more time on here when I was working go figure). I mostly pick my powder days anymore and don't put on near as many miles. I ride the Snowies and Sierra Madras and have traveled as well, but I still perfer our powder. Always looking to meet gals that love the greatest sport on earth as much as I. If any of you are in the neighborhood and want to ride look me up. I would eventually like to meet some serious gals in the area that would be interested in a girls trip to the cabin, there would be limitations on the size of group as the cabin is small but there is some awesome riding here. There is already a good base started. Check out my website for a few cool shots to get you pumped for the season http://www.wyomingwildwoman@homestead.com/main.html. Have a safe season gals.

C
Nov 14, 2008
Wyoming
Howdy!

Hi! My name is Christi and I am in Laramie. I am glad this forum has appeared since the last time I did any lurking on the forum.

I started riding about 12 years ago when I first met my hubby. He is a pretty great teacher and his entire family rides. We have two children, 5 and 2, who we are hoping will get to grow up riding and exploring God's country. We bought a snowcoach for them to ride in last year, so for the first time in about 6 years, I am hoping to get in a lot of weekends playing in the fluff.

My ride is an '08 600RMK which has been a great upgrade for me, although I still have a lot of learning to do. I enjoy the trails with the kids, but I also enjoy the challenges of the back country.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
This will be my first dedicated year to not be racing a hillclimb circut. Soooo, I guess I might explore many of the area's we've heard of. Might try attending the ladies ride this year.

JANET! If you aren't racing this year then attending the LR in Halfway is MUST! Come on gal.....Get your room booked now! I'm sure they are down to the last few rooms available in town that weekend. :D

H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
So I just wanted to say, this "Poweder room" is actually kindof a cool little gig.... since I'm finally takin the time to check it out.

I'm Jess. I live in Alaska where I'm raising my little Moto-Lovin' 3yr old boy, finnishing up my degrees (BA Psychology & BS Nursing), and working at a local hospital. I'm born & raised here; and the only way im leaving is if I were thrown out (haha). I spend every min of my free time playing in the snow (or mud) and riding!! :) I think people who don't get it, or never get into it are CRAZY!!

I hope everyone has a great winter, filled with LOTS of deep pow & safe rides. I'm looking forward to meeting more girls as crazy n fun as me, and my already AWESOME girlfriends!! =)

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
So I just wanted to say, this "Poweder room" is actually kindof a cool little gig.... since I'm finally takin the time to check it out.

I'm Jess. I live in Alaska where I'm raising my little Moto-Lovin' 3yr old boy, finnishing up my degrees (BA Psychology & BS Nursing), and working at a local hospital. I'm born & raised here; and the only way im leaving is if I were thrown out (haha). I spend every min of my free time playing in the snow (or mud) and riding!! :) I think people who don't get it, or never get into it are CRAZY!!

I hope everyone has a great winter, filled with LOTS of deep pow & safe rides. I'm looking forward to meeting more girls as crazy n fun as me, and my already AWESOME girlfriends!! =)

Woooohooooo! WE are going to have some great rides this season! Oh! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS!!!!! :beer;:beer; :D

J
Oct 23, 2009
Lynnwood, WA
Hello everyone, my name is Julie. I know Snobuny from one of the motorcycling forums and she suggested I come on over here. I have never ridden I snowmobile in my life but that did not stop me from buying one this summer. :face-icon-small-hap Both my husband and I ride street bikes and were looking for a hobby to get us through the winter months. Snowmobiling seemed liked the reasonable thing to do so on the hottest day of the summer I purchased a RMK 600. I have had a new toy for months that I have not been able to play with! Maybe this weekend. :rolleyes: Since then we have collected another sled for my husband, beacons, shovels, and probes. We also just took an avalanche safety class at the snow expo.

Just a little about me. I am 37 years old and married to my high school sweetheart. We have an adorable Akita named Diesel that puts a smile on my face several times a day. And I am 1 week away from having my MBA degree!

T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
Somebody told me it was about time I introduced myself.......

Hi.....My name is Tumbles.....

I live in Washington.....

My favorite riding areas in Washington are Gallagher, Blewett Pass, and the Taneum area. I also love Baker, but have not made there in a couple of years:rolleyes:. Damn IT!!!! This season for sure!!! :cool:

I love to hillclimb and play in the Powder. I bought my sled in December of 03. It's a REV 600....looking to upgrade...Want to demo, demo, demo this year and see what sled fits me best. :p Would like a little more track and horsepower :face-icon-small-hap.

I look forward to the Ladies Ride every year in Halfway, OR. Also am attending the Canadian Ladies Ride and the Washington LR this year!!!:rose:

Glad to see Snowest added the "Powder Room"...it's a nice addition. Looking forward to getting to know some of you ladies a little better!!!!:beer;

Oh yeah....and I love beer. ;)

S
Nov 10, 2009
Ronald
Hello! I am somewhat new to snowmobiling, 2 years now. My boyfriend insisted I join Snowest as there arent any ladies in our small group other than myself. Im 25 and live in a small town in Washington called Ronald. I love to ride up at Lions Rock, and Taneum. Gallagher is very nice too. Last year I did get a chance to ride Paulina Lakes Oregon, and Priest Lake Idaho. I was a little weary at Mt. Baker, and stayed low while the guys played.

I ride an '07 550F Summit. I love the way it handles, it just fits me! And I think we are even headed out for a road ride this weekend!!

Anyway, I hope to meet up with some of you!:beer;

T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
Hello! I am somewhat new to snowmobiling, 2 years now. My boyfriend insisted I join Snowest as there arent any ladies in our small group other than myself. Im 25 and live in a small town in Washington called Ronald. I love to ride up at Lions Rock, and Taneum. Gallagher is very nice too. Last year I did get a chance to ride Paulina Lakes Oregon, and Priest Lake Idaho. I was a little weary at Mt. Baker, and stayed low while the guys played.

I ride an '07 550F Summit. I love the way it handles, it just fits me! And I think we are even headed out for a road ride this weekend!!

Anyway, I hope to meet up with some of you!:beer;

Let's go have a beer at the 3. I'll pm you.....:beer;

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Hello everyone, my name is Julie. I know Snobuny from one of the motorcycling forums and she suggested I come on over here. I have never ridden I snowmobile in my life but that did not stop me from buying one this summer. :face-icon-small-hap Both my husband and I ride street bikes and were looking for a hobby to get us through the winter months. Snowmobiling seemed liked the reasonable thing to do so on the hottest day of the summer I purchased a RMK 600. I have had a new toy for months that I have not been able to play with! Maybe this weekend. :rolleyes: Since then we have collected another sled for my husband, beacons, shovels, and probes. We also just took an avalanche safety class at the snow expo.

Just a little about me. I am 37 years old and married to my high school sweetheart. We have an adorable Akita named Diesel that puts a smile on my face several times a day. And I am 1 week away from having my MBA degree!

We have the same name My name is Julie and every one calls me Jewels... Great name...:face-icon-small-hap

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Wow,
We are seeing some new faces popping up here! This is great! I just want to give a warm Welcome!!! to all the new ladies on here.....it's so good to see you chiming in! :D:face-icon-small-hap

Ditto on this statement!! ^^^

Now if we could ALL get together for a LADIES RIDE wouldn't that be awesome!!? :D

xx3

Premium Features