• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

brake light switch ???

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Will a bad brake light switch cause both tail and brake light to not work? Or?? Fuses good, all other lights/gauges/warmers etc work fine.

S
Jan 1, 2005
Cedar Rapids, Ia.
Brake Switch

Brake switch shouldn't effect both circuits, bad ground to the tail light possibly.
You said fuses were good?
Coincidence, both element burnt on the bulb.
Quick check w/ohm meter will rule that out

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Brake switch shouldn't effect both circuits, bad ground to the tail light possibly.
You said fuses were good?
Coincidence, both element burnt on the bulb.
Quick check w/ohm meter will rule that out

someone awhile back asked the same question. i remember i looked at my wiring diagram and they are sep circuits totally. if you cant figure it out let me know and i can dig out my diagram again or maybe do a search on here

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Shouldn't affect it Paul. Unbolt your tank from the back and check the wiring and make sure there is no exposed or pinched wires. We found a couple that needed some TLC.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
LOL.....Reeb nailed it. I got a little crazy wiring up the LED and somehow pulled the plug under the tank. All is well....it's always the simplest thing and the LAST thing you check :cool::beer;

Premium Features