• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW for the XP

C
Aug 7, 2009
Have you guys checked out the new Powder Keg storage box & fuel can at powderkegllc.com
I rode with the powder keg all last year and it worked sweet. The new fuel keg is so new that the website photos are of the prototype but I saw the first one off the mold and it looks even better !

C

cog

Dec 7, 2007
Looks very nice but powder keg at $277.79 and aux tanks for $138.99 total $416.78 is way to stiff for me. Hope they find a way to get the price down to $277 for both.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Nice, but WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overpriced. I'll keep my BRP jerry can and tunnel bag which cost me around $100.

Design it so the storage box attaches to the fuel caddy and sell that for $250. You might have some luck there. Times are tough right now and peeps understand that. It isn't right to charge that much coin for maybe $50 worth of materials. I'd bet that if the price dropped and the item became more feasible, the maker would profit more from the additional sales than what he is pulling in by selling it to those who have cash to burn. My 2 cents.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Looks REAL good. I have an idea what it costs to develop and have something like that molded.....not cheap! :beer;
If you think about it, a Doo fuel caddy is what? About $150?? Then a Nice bag is another $100+, then a rack is another $100ish....so the overall package isn't too far off what alot of us have already spent.

Last edited:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I didn't pay $150 for both my fuel caddy and tunnel bag. Both are good quality.

I understand about the R&D thing but there has to be a way to trim the cost.

Premium Features