• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Deleteing DPM on XP 800

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Hey there a buddy and I are going to play with his 2008 XP 800 and we are wondering what all is involved in deleteing the DPM. We do not want it causing problems when we start tuning. You Turbo guys must have some advise here. Thanks

Jul 22, 2008
-Remove solenoid from the dpm manifold and tie up somewhere out of the way, leave it plugged in though as this will stop the replace engine soon light from coming on.
-Use a piece of hose to connect the vaccum sources of both carbs together (where it is tee'd and connected to the dpm manifold)
-Vent the bowls to the airbox to keep everything balanced, and jet accrodingly!

The race manual the dealers have the Xp factory hillclimb race sled is jetted at 400 and the Xp800 drag sled is jetted to 380. I would start higher and work down.

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
thanks for the info. I thought it was pretty simple, just wanted to make sure. Say I see in your info you say you got a turbo xp. Who's kit is it and you got any info or pics. he is maybe thinking of doing a turbo if we can find a good kit from someone we can deal with.

Premium Features