• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

R&D Custom Turbo Werx XP-T Turbo Pictures

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Thanks for all the encouraging words guys:beer;. Everybody see the picture of the worm?? That was the last bug we had to work out!!:D:D.

I just want to remind people we are trying to get a booth for Haydays and will be at the Denver show and hopefully other shows. We will set up demo rides this winter in various states so people can check them out and give them a ride. Hell, even if you have no intention of buying one and just want to ride one I personally don't care. Word of mouth is still a very good add campaign.

PS-- Any one looking to share a booth for Hay Days?? I need one I think.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

A
Nov 27, 2007
Salmon Arm
Very nice looking kit Dave. I have decided to install a turbo on a xp this season but am really cautious as to what kit. Can I ask you how many miles of actual mountain riding have your xp kit been tested? Has it been tested in really deep snow? I am looking for a kit that gives good throttle response without to much lag. One more question, are you planning on shipping kits up here to Canada and if so aprox how long would it take to get one?

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Our riding here is consistently 6000'. Not much of a workout for a turbo sled though. I mostly ride out of state between 7000-10000'+ elevation. The XP has over 800 miles of testing on it and our turboed Rev has over 2500 miles and is basically the same kit. What we learned on the Rev gave us a good jump start on tuning for the XP. We built numerous kits for the XP before we arrived with a production kit. Some snow conditions were handle bar deep and if the exhaust was out the stock location it would want to load up if you stopped and didn't clean out the snow from the exhaust. Most stock sleds I have rode will do the same thing. In our testing we found the stock reeds will work for a while, much like other turbo kits for different brands. By not having a turbo specific reed available I made some stainless steel reeds and they give a seat of the pants difference in throttle response. We are having turbo specific reeds built for the XP and they are included in the kit. Those should be available any time now. The throttle response with the clutching dialed in for 10-12 psi of boost is very responsive. You can wick the throttle and burp the skis over any obstacles. It's a lot like an NA sled and I feel this is due to the belt squeeze characteristics of the TRA. I feel it makes a better turbo clutch, to a point. I am dealing with quite a few Canadian customers. We are working with Himark Sales in BC with our kits. They are a Ski-Doo dealer. Their number is 250-692-7509 and Landon is the one to talk to. He is waiting on some pictures and sales brochures to give to customers. I am working on getting all that for him. He was going to try and place one initial order of 10 kits. I would then come up and go through an install with him and his tech and explain the kit and answer any questions they would have. You can still deal with myself if you wish to. I can ship to Canada. I have one kit now that will be shipped up north next week. We are trying to change things to speed up the process and that is tough sometimes because it takes $$$. We don't have complete kits boxed and ready to ship, but it would take about 2 weeks to build the kit right now. We hope to be able to speed that up drastically soon.

Thanks for your interest and feel free to contact me if you have any other questions or concerns.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

Very nice looking kit Dave. I have decided to install a turbo on a xp this season but am really cautious as to what kit. Can I ask you how many miles of actual mountain riding have your xp kit been tested? Has it been tested in really deep snow? I am looking for a kit that gives good throttle response without to much lag. One more question, are you planning on shipping kits up here to Canada and if so aprox how long would it take to get one?

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
Xp turbo kits

I happen to see dave in black hills last winter testing a turbo , many times last winter. even rode the sled and spent a afternoon rideing with dave and rodney they evan got to help my boys 11 and 13 years old digging out of stuck a few times. After rideing with the turbo ski-doo its what pushed me over the edge to turbo two of my sleds even if they are not ski doos.

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Two of your sleds? What else did you turbo Randy?

Dave

I happen to see dave in black hills last winter testing a turbo , many times last winter. even rode the sled and spent a afternoon rideing with dave and rodney they evan got to help my boys 11 and 13 years old digging out of stuck a few times. After rideing with the turbo ski-doo its what pushed me over the edge to turbo two of my sleds even if they are not ski doos.

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
I made two trips with the 1000 and areo 5-8 psi and loved . then this spring looking at a stock m8 i fixed that was repaiable i bought. i am moveing 66 over to m8 and installing garret on 1000. horsepower is addicting

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Dave, I keep generating questions while I think about it. Do you use the stock head and reeds or do you put different ones in the kit? If not, do you supply a shim for the stock head. Just a few tiny little things that I thought about while trying to put the dream together.

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
The kit was designed around a stock engine, so if your head has not been modified in any way it will be fine. The stock reeds work for a while, but will fail eventually. We have turbo reeds being made that will be available soon and are included in the kit. If they respond like our demo stainless reeds the throttle response was noticeably better.

Dave

Dave, I keep generating questions while I think about it. Do you use the stock head and reeds or do you put different ones in the kit? If not, do you supply a shim for the stock head. Just a few tiny little things that I thought about while trying to put the dream together.

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I wanted to let people know that we WILL NOT be attending Hay Days. I'm not sure why I use we, because it's mostly just me:eek:. So, me, myself and I will be staying home and putting kits together for the customers who have ordered and build up a components supply to speed up the process for those who hopefully order later. With the response I have been getting I feel this would be a wiser decision than to take 4 days off and not be working on the kits.

I apologise for those who were going to be looking for us at the event, but come on out for a demo ride this winter and take a sled for a ride and get a true feeling for the kits:D.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

S
I wanted to let people know that we WILL NOT be attending Hay Days. I'm not sure why I use we, because it's mostly just me:eek:. So, me, myself and I will be staying home and putting kits together for the customers who have ordered and build up a components supply to speed up the process for those who hopefully order later. With the response I have been getting I feel this would be a wiser decision than to take 4 days off and not be working on the kits.

I apologise for those who were going to be looking for us at the event, but come on out for a demo ride this winter and take a sled for a ride and get a true feeling for the kits:D.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

just curious-i couldn't get to your site :eek: so here goes nothing -do you make any sweet a$$ kits with the purdy spendy bits for the older carbed 6 or 700 rotax twins in the zx chassis for use old die hards:D?

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
I would recommend the 700 I think. A little extra bottom end is nice. It makes getting the turbo setup spot on a little easier.

That and if you use the 700. Dave can design the kit to use the same turbo as all the other kits . That makes it nice if you ever want to transfer the kit to a newer chassis 800 in the future. We could just sell you a charge tube and charge box and you would be good to go!

PM me

Jake

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
The 700 would be the better choice unless you were willing to drop 800 cylinders on the 600. We have an 04 600HO Rev done like this with over 2500miles of hard turbo use and it is a runner:eek:. That engine even without the turbo put the heat on a lot of 800's:D. We finally tore the engine down after all the abuse to check things out and it was interesting. I do have some guys interested in turboing 600 XP's. If the engines are stock, that is what I would be looking at for that vintage of sled. I don't like to muddy the waters with a modded engine and a turbo, without knowing first hand the degree of mods. Either way we can set you up with a turbo kit.

Dave

Premium Features