• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wilderness Groups at Campus Volunteer Fair

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
There was a Volunteer Fair on campus today(Montana State) and Wild Montana had a booth. The BS that they are talking is unreal and unfortunately most people at their booth were buying it. They were handing out stickers and newsletters to students passing by. Does anyone know of an Anti-Wilderness Org. in or around Bozeman that we maybe able to get to show up at these events? I'll sit at the table and hand out fliers, stickers and provide information but I need to find where to get the literature. I'm not sure if SAWS is the right org. for this due to it being mostly snowmobile based. I was wondering what org. would cover all OHV interests that my be able to present the other side of the wilderness battle to the uninformed students on campus. Thanks for any input.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Blue Ribbon Coalition is about the most universal "Tree hugger fighter". They have information, but not sure how you could get set up to fight @ "fairs" without paying for a booth.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I've made a couple calls, the biggest challenge seems to be getting the invite from the University. We kind of missed the boat at the beginning of the year this year, there's not many events left this semester but it sounds like a couple going on in the spring.

Premium Features