• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rekluse trouble

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
So on Sunday’s ride I started having clutch draging problems on my bike. It’s a 16YZ 450 / core EXP 3.0 I had it installed professionally and it’s been amazing for about a dozen rides over the last season and a half but now it wants to drag and stall even with the clutch lever pulled. I change the oil every ride so that should not have been an issue. I’m hoping this is just an adjustment but any advice would be appreciated.

I did take the cover off to look for any obvious problems but as you might expect I didn’t see anything . Everything is nice and clean etc. I did check the free play gain and it appeared to be correct however I didn’t warm it up as long as suggested .

I’m kind of a novice on the bikes so experienced input would be welcome.

B
You've got to adjust the free play gain to get the clutch to not drag anymore.

It is part of the pain of not having Rekluse's externally adjustable cluch slave cylinder where one has to take off the clutch cover every time one needs to adjust the play/gain.

Last edited:

ges

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
pierre sd
you have to take cover off of clutch basket and adjust the free play that way two marks should do the trick

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
you have to take cover off of clutch basket and adjust the free play that way two marks should do the trick

simple adjustment, Just not as easy as KTM or Husky , you need to pull cover to adjust.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Found the issue. Some of the friction pads on the EXP disc came loose and stacked up on the others. That took up the clearance and caused the drag. Kind of odd that the free play gain tested normal. Also had one drive plate lower in the stack that was blue/ over heated.

Premium Features