• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Strange problem on new motor

T
Sled was running great at elevation but once down in the valley bottom it was sputtering. Soon afterwards blew lower crank bearing. Arctic cat warranty for a new crate motor and new primary . Took it out with new motor and clutches. Ran great at elevation but coming home same problem . Sled has 5000 km on it and has run flawlessly since day one . No codes flashed . Worried the sled will nuke again if I run it as is . Any ideas?

triedit

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
sheridan wy
oil pump ,oil pump ,you didnt say but more in likely pto side bearing.some reason some fail but most run 6000 miles plus i have seen 2 with 10,000 miles on them,but i have lost 4 with between 3 and 6000 miles

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
oil pump ,oil pump ,you didnt say but more in likely pto side bearing.some reason some fail but most run 6000 miles plus i have seen 2 with 10,000 miles on them,but i have lost 4 with between 3 and 6000 miles

There is no alert to a oil pump failing, would think the ecu would let you know it cant get to desired rpm. I am assuming you are talking about a c-tec motor with an electric oil pump

Last edited:
Premium Features