• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine changes

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Not a mountain rider, and rarely frequent SW any more. But had the Pro-S Switch 8 for the season and mine runs awesome. But if you were like me and do not rely on dealers for maintenance, this ain't the sled for you. But if you do not mind paying and having the dealer do certain things then you should be OK. In my case I am in a remote area and there are certain things that can only be done with the digi-wrench. TPS, valves, ecu flash are ones that I know of, not sure what else. Sucks for me as would cost an arm and leg to fly it back to dealer just for these (used to be) simple tasks.
Wish I new this before I purchased, but lucky enough I haven't needed to do them and not sure what else can only be done with DW.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Disapppointed ?

The same 160 hp sled that was dyno'd at Dynotech earlier has just been redyno'd yesterday with 1200 miles on the speedo and with it's factory ecu, not the broken in ecu that was supplied by Polaris earlier. Your going to be a bit disappointed.

Same sled as before now 156 hp after 1,200 miles on it

Why should anyone be disappointed over 4 h.p. ?

Seriously?

The "old style" 800's Jim dyno'd with 1000+ miles on them were at 140 H.p.

So, at 16 h.p. more than the old 2008-2014 800, combined with the new chassis, I think I'll be trading in my 2013 800 on a 2016

Last edited:
Premium Features