• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

roll over tether

B

BOOSTIN-BAYOU

Mar 26, 2011
layton UT
My Jacobsen rollover valve and tether has quit work as far as when you pull the tether it doesn't stop the engine and when it's not plugged in you can still start it

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
BOOSTIN-BAYOU,

The diagnostic procedures are different, depending on who built your ROV kit. Let me know which brand ROV kit you have and what sled it's on and I can help you with diagnosis.Either PM or e-mail will work.

Bill

Last edited:
B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
I have a OFT Jacobson Roll-over valve kit for a 2008 and up nitro. Brand new, never installed if anyone is reading this thread and needs a roll-over valve.

They are $200 from OFT, I will sell this one for $150.00. Thanks PM or text me at 530-300-2420 and I can send pictures.

Description from OFT website:

The patented Jacobson roll-over oil valve kit is designed to prevent engine oil loss during a roll over event of Yamaha 4 stroke snowmobiles, and has now been integrated into OFT Racing’s "Moto-R Kill" tether system.

The OFT Racing "Moto-r Kill w/ Jacobson Roll-over valve" (patented) will take care of this problem, while also providing you with a top of the line engine kill tether system. In addition, our kit plugs directly into the factory wiring harness with no slicing and dicing of your OEM wiring harness!

We have designed this kit using OEM Yamaha weatherproof connections and a completely sealed Bosch style relay and connec of idiot proof! Unplug the OEM harness, plug in the OFT Moto-R Kill harness, and install the Jake valve in-line on the oil tank vent. If for some reason you need to remove or bypass the tether kit, changing the sled back to stock form is as easy as unplugging one or two connectors and plugging them back in to the OEM harness. The Jake valve will remain in a "flow through" open position.

Designed to compete with, and surpass more expensive competitors products, The Moto-r Kill w/ Jake Valve kit features the race-ready and off-road proven tee handled Pro Armor kill switch assembly. The Pro Armor switch provides extremely easy "gloves on" operation, and bullet proof, all weather performance. With Pro Armor’s positive clip latching, you never need to worry about the tether not seating or trying to thread a needle sized clip through a pinhole with your thick gloves on as with our competitors.

The tether switch will mount on either 7/8", or 1-1/8" handle bars, and the kit includes a "test plug" that will allow you to disable the red OEM handlebar mounted kill switch.

Fits: 2008 to current FX Nytro

Premium Features