• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 Polaris Track

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I remember reading that others (TRS, iirc) have gained A substantial perfomance increase by trimming 1/4" off of the outside paddles of the CE 2.5" tracks. In my mind this increase is due to the additional cooler clearance (less rubbing) and better snow / air evacuation.

You are old enough to form your own opinions and build your sled the way you want, but that is the biggest reason I have for doing my drop and roll and running my large 9 tooth drivers and even with the 3" track have 1/2"-3/8" of free space for snow and air evacuation.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I'd buy the CMX belt drive if he offered a lower ratio.

Many would, but Mark refuses to recognize the advantages, he claims the lower ratios kills the back shifting of the clutches. At least that was what he told me when I was looking into it, before I pioneered my own belt drive using C3 components.

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I agree that the snow evacuation will not be optimized for wet heavy snow.

As far as rubbing.......

The paddles are 4-5" apart you really think snow will build up between each paddle enough to "rub"?

The track keeps it clear.

2.5"+.1" = 2.6"
With 5/16" clearance right now it will fit fine.

It's going to be tight it might fit, but by going to the 7 tooth drivers your gearing down. If you run the 8 tooth drivers your not gearing the sled down, unless you spend more money on a aftermarket belt drive.

The best thing to do is try the track with Both sets of drivers and see what works better. If it snow next year I might try this test.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The 2.6 will rub in the front of the tunnel if you don't change to a smaller driver on the pro rmk.

For clarification; from my R&D notes;

The two tightest points (choke points) are the front couple inches of the coolers, directly above the driver and the upper bolt boss on the front close off extrusion, both 6 1/2" from driveshaft center line.

The next tightest points are 6 11/16" at the front close off extrusion to jackshaft plate and directly in line with the jackshaft. Note: at the corners where they clearanced for the bearings it dips to 6 1/4", but that is right it the edge of the track and for the most part negligible.

The DS CL to the front close off extrusion lower bolt boss is 6 7/8".

With these dimensions you should be able to calculate your clearances without doing an actual install and go with whatever combination is to your liking.

Last edited:
Premium Features