• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Push turbo oil lines

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
Does anybody have the length of oil lines needed for the Push turbo kit for a Nytro? Might help me get it installed in the next couple days. Everybody will be closed Christmas and I could get them locally before Christmas and get the kit installed during.

Also do I just tap the return into the oil cap? Do I need a different fitting or just cut and tap the cap.

Anything to look for or any make sure you do this, during install?

mckinney

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
Ok getting lines that I can cut to size. One question do I need to limit the oil pressure going to the turbo? It is not a ball bearing turbo but heard engine pressure is still too much. Any specific size of line or does it matter?

mckinney

Powder Man

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2009
Kennewick wa
I'm not real sure on what size or length the oil line is, I do know there is a fitting coming off the head that feeds the turbo. There is no limiting device pressure wise, I think that the size of the line is what limits the flow. If you can't figure it out I'll take my seat off etc. and give you exact dimensions in the next couple of days.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Journal bearing turbos like the higher oil feed pressure (~45psi), whereas ball bearing turbos usually run the restrictor and lower pressure. The feed line is usually -4AN (1/4") and the drain, some use -4AN and some use -6AN (3/8"), I prefer the bigger of the two.

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
Trying to tie in for oil where push says to cannot find a fitting to go to the head by the throttle bodies. I can try my auto shop that I got the rest of everything but wanted to get the parts from ace hardware today. Where else should I tap for the pressure side for oil to turbo?

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
The fitting near the throttle bodies is a special made part from Ken with Push Turbo. I have 1 coming overnight so I can finish the install. It is a 8mm bolt thread. Could not find one at any shop in town. If you can get a hold of Ken he is very helpful. That is if you can get a hold of him. I bought the kit used and he said to send him pics of install to make sure I had everything else I needed. Thanks Ken.

mckinney

Last edited:

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
Quick question on the waste gate rod to adjust do I need to pop off that C-clip and screw in or out? And which way for less boost and more boost?

mckinney

Last edited:

Powder Man

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2009
Kennewick wa
Take the c clip off and shorten the rod, I believe it's one complete turn per pound of boost but don't remember for sure could be 2 turns. I have mine bottomed out and use a boost tee to adjust boost, it's much easier and quicker then taking the seat off etc.

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
Fuel controller injector cable

On the Dobeck box I have a single female and male injector plug. It doesn't fit the injectors as referenced on Dobecks site. It is not used on other controllers MPI same Dobeck box don't even have the plug.

Powder Man

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2009
Kennewick wa
I'm not really understanding what your asking. On my push/dobeck box that I no longer have the injector plug in hooked up to the 4th injector included in the push upgrade package. If you don't have a 4th injector and you bought a used kit/fuel controller meant for the upgrade, this may be your issue.

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
If you look at the Dobeck website for the 3, it has a picture that it should plug in line to an injector. It is 2 wires 2 connectors.

FactoryandEJK.jpg EJK_Inline.jpg

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
Ken called me back and it is for 4th injector talked to him a bit and everything sounds good.

mckinney

Premium Features