• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hello fellow sledheads!

8410T

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2012
Just thought I'd introduce myself to fellow Snowesters. I'm an old Iowa farmboy that's been riding since about 1974 when Dad brought home a 1972 Panther 303 wankel. (I've updated sleds a few times since then) Over the years I've owned mostly Cats, a couple Yamahas snuck in there in the 80's and lately a few Polaris's. (A friend told me I was having a midlife crisis) My current stable consists of a 2012 Arctic Cat XF 800 SP retro, a 2012 Arctic Cat XF 1100LXR, a 2012 Polaris RMK Pro 800 155 retro, and a 09 600 RMK Shift 155. I got a little carried away snochecking last spring.:shocked: I have 2 kids that ride and the wife once in while. If you see an enclosed 4 place heading for Wisconsin or the Black Hills or Wyoming that says Iowa Sonsaditches on the side that would be me!

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
DAAAAMN! Farm economy must be doing well!!! Welcome to the addiction. I grew up in NW Iowa (Sheldon area) before moving on. What part of Iowa you hail from?

Last edited:

8410T

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2012
I'm just north of Mason City. Not gonna lie farmin's been decent last couple years:clap2:. Having a 18 year old son who is a total sled nut kinda helps push things along too! Will be taking him out to Albany Lodge in March for his first mountain trip. I feel like I jinxed this midwest winter by doing what I did last spring!

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Enjoy the good times on the farm while they last. You know it will turn the other way sooner or later. And enjoy the time with the son while you can. Won't be long before he's going his own way. They grow up way to fast! Glad to see you got him into sledding. My son got me into it.

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
hello and welcome :yo: from just south of mason city this fourm is full of good info and fellow sledheads - a group of us around alden- iowa falls area is heading to albany lodge in two weeks it the only place with good snow- anyways enjoy the fourm and its good to see more goodoleiowafarmers on here :peace:

Premium Features