• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flatlander going to try the Big Hills

E
Dec 5, 2011
Hi folks. New to snowest, have been sleding since JC was in diapers. Anybody remember Sno-Jet sleds ?. I am from Nova Scotia and will be in Denver Jan 8-10, 2012. I ride about 3000 miles a year, mostly trail, elevation 0 to 1500 ft. I am looking for a recomendation for a good tour/rental outfit. Thanks for any help.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Hi folks. New to snowest, have been sleding since JC was in diapers. Anybody remember Sno-Jet sleds ?. I am from Nova Scotia and will be in Denver Jan 8-10, 2012. I ride about 3000 miles a year, mostly trail, elevation 0 to 1500 ft. I am looking for a recomendation for a good tour/rental outfit. Thanks for any help.

Big Hills or Big MOUNTAINS?? Up here in Frisco, they rent out Yamaha Nytros and its un-guided, follow the trails up and play a little in the meadows. Get a beacon and know how to use it before you go anywhere steep. I had a few guys come up and they rented, they loved it.
Hope that helps.

Jager Bomb 243

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2009
Deforest Wisconsin
I would make the trek and hit up the grand mesa. About 4 hours from denver if i remember correctly. Then go see Cannonman at Thunder mountain lodge for rentals and a place to stay and eat. He also rents out nytro mountains, and the riding is anywhere from beginner to slednecks style of riding lol. I will be at TML those dates as well. Great place to stay and even better people to deal with!

E
Dec 5, 2011
Thanks Guys

Thanks for the help guys. I am not sure of ability in the mountains, I believe I need a guide to show me how things are done and keep me out of trouble. Also time is tight and all I can fit in is a day trip from Denver.

Premium Features