• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flatlander heading West!

G

Goose Man

Feb 16, 2011
Dakota Dunes, SD
Nice to be a premium member! Love the magazines and I used the forum last year as a basic member to plan a trip to Colorado. The Forums are very helpful regarding snow conditions, equipment, etc. Glad to be here.

I live on the South Dakota/Iowa/Nebraska border so it's seven plus hours just to ride in the Black Hills. Making plans this year for Steamboat and either Laramie or the Big Horns - we will see.

I went on a couple sled trips before buying my first sled last year - new Polaris Assault Switchback. The latest sled designs, starting with the '09 Assault, got me interested in the sport. When I saw the 2011 Assault I decided to bite the bullet. I swore I'd never buy a snowmobile just to ride once or twice a year. I was wrong - couldn't be happier with the sport. Wish I was closer to the mountains.

Added an HPS can and 2" track to the sled this year. Can't wait to get out west!

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
:welcome: to the forum. Plenty of fellow South Dakotans (& Iowans and Nebraskans) on this site. Almost all of us head west at least a few times a year. Lots of good peeps and good advice on the site.

VDO

Premium Features