• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hello from Alaska

A

akaviator

Jul 24, 2011
Alaska
Hi everyone,

Became a premium member today after a few weeks of "lurking". Great amount of info to be found here.

I've lived in Alaska most of my life, but just came home after 5 years in Atlanta. YUK!!!! As my member name indicates I earn my living flying in the wild parts of Alaska.

Bought 2 clean used sleds to get back into riding. A 2008 M6 with only 220 miles on it and a 2009 M8 HCR with 280 miles on it. The M6 was going to be mine but the HCR came along and I made a great trade for it so now the 6 is for my wife and son to split riding time on. Come on snow!

Paul

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Paul...great to have you with us! :)

Sounds like you have a very interesting job. Flying in the wild up there has always intrigued me.

Great sleds you got...and nothing better than getting out with the family to create memories for a lifetime.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Paul,
Welcome back to the land of miles and miles of miles and miles!

If you're interested (and in the Anchorage area) tomorrow night (Weds, Oct 19) is the Anchorage Snowmobile Club's monthly general membership meeting. Helping new folks get properly set up and showing them where to ride is a big part of what we do.

We meet at 7pm on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from September to March at the IBEW hall at Denali St & 34th, across from Johnson's Tire.

Cheers!

Code Blue

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2011
Spokane
Awesome, I too am new.. I need to get up there some day soon, my brother has a B&B and fishing charters in Seward so that might be my excuse..

Premium Features