• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hello From Eastern Oregon

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
I have been riding off and on using my work snowmobile and one of my uncles sleds ocasionally, but I finally bought my first snowmobile of my own this week and am looking forward to using it a lot this winter.

I currently live in La Grande, Oregon. To start with I will probably ride around here, Baker City area, or wherever friends might want to go around here.

I was going to get into the hobby and get a sled last year, but a deal on a used m1000 fell through and I opted to just wait to buy one.

This year I ended up picking up a new 2011 Yamaha FX Nytro SE 162 from Outlaw Motor Sports in Enterprise, OR. My work sled is a 1997 RMK 700, so this new yamaha is going to be quite a different experience to ride.

Now I just have to find a good used sled for my girlfriend to ride, and I will be all set.

Might as well include a picture of the new sled from picking it up on Friday -

6268037980_ff5fb108b3_b.jpg

I hope to learn a lot being a member here.

Travis

Thank you

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
you should buy my buddies 09 m1000 153' sno pro for your girlfriend

problem, is If she knows how to ride she'll make you look like a beginner on the hill with the m1000 compared to that 650 lb nitro

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
problem, is If she knows how to ride she'll make you look like a beginner on the hill with the m1000 compared to that 650 lb nitro

Well, we arent getting an M1000 for her. I was about to buy one used last year, but I backed out once I was ready to purchase and was told the diamond drive was busted. Not sure what was busted on it, but the general advice I got from family that rides was to run away if they werent going to fix it. I never ended up with a sled last year.

We are hoping to find a nice used sled for her to ride before the snow flies, I am currently looking at a 2001 mountain cat 600 that I know runs good to pick up for her.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
there's a nice 03 800 polaris for $2000

in the polaris section, is she a beginner, what does she weigh

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
in the polaris section, is she a beginner, what does she weigh

She is a beginner, yes. This will be the first time she has ever really been on a snowmobile, so we were looking at something to get her started. She is about 150lbs FWIW.

We have looked a few used ones locally, but nothing has really jumped out at us so far. The polaris 800 does sound interesting though, especially for that price.

Premium Features