• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a little help please!!

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Ok so I took my sled out tonight because we finally got some snow. When I first started of everything was working awesome. Plenty of power and torque. I was busting some really good drifts and snow was coming over the hood.

All of a sudden I started to get a really bad bog. I opened the hood and the front where I took the rad out was just packed full of snow and I could see some snow in my air box. The snow came in from when I put on my skinz bumper I didn't have it sealed off in the noise.

If I go on the hard back snow it stops bogging then. When I got back home I looked in the boost box and it had a lot of ice in it. So do you all think I just need to seal everything up with the hood and intake and keep the snow out from under the hood...will that fix my bog?

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Definitely get that nose sealed up, it will only help you. What intake are you running that the snow made it all the way to the boost box?:eek:

Ya, snow going in the motor will do 2 things for you, neither of which is good. It will first off give you that bog that you are experiencing as it blocks your intake and mixes with the air/fuel, and second, in high enough concentrations, it will wash the oil off of your cylinders. Granted that is a prolonged scenario, but you get the idea...:beer;

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Thanks Seth for the fast reply. I'm running the stock intake (really want a fire n ice someone should send me one for xmas) Had my dad just looking at it with me and the foam from the hood is not sealing with the intake opening. My hood doesn't sit like it used to with the new bumper on it. Going to add a little foam on the intake box and hope that seals up my intake and going to silicone some of the holes in the nose.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
great infor from seth..

get it sealed up good..the bog is for sure from the POW..

the issue with the intake lining up can be fixed 2 ways..

1. you can bend the bumper down slightly with a 2x4 and wok it just right..does it line up good at the back where it straps or does it hang over?

2. add the foam to your intake or hood to seal it up nice..

you can also get some pet door screen (not super small holes) and seal around the intake opening..this will stop ice/snow from getting in the intake area..but like i said..not too small..like a pre-filter...just a screen to stop the initial..

tell your dad he needs to get you a FNI intake..and SLP torque stop ;)

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Thanks Guido. I went and added some foam. Might try your idea of bending the bumper a bit the hood actually needs to come toward the back of the sled it looks like. Going to take put it all back together in the morning and bust some more drifts and see what it does.

And as for my dad buying me my parts not going to happen. I keep telling him he needs to buy a new sled and he said no money :face-icon-small-fro

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Well I took the sled out today and got everything sealed up. I'm still getting a little snow in the nose but think its coming in from the little honey comb stuff that holds the hood to the hood hinge.

I'm still getting some snow in my air box. I'm thinking it is coming in from around my head light???

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Well I took the sled out today and got everything sealed up. I'm still getting a little snow in the nose but think its coming in from the little honey comb stuff that holds the hood to the hood hinge.

I'm still getting some snow in my air box. I'm thinking it is coming in from around my head light???

The headlight is a very common issue. I put in a new seal around it but it still could use some silicone especially on along the windshield sides. Also make sure your hood is coming down good and sealing to the air box.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
The headlight is a very common issue. I put in a new seal around it but it still could use some silicone especially on along the windshield sides. Also make sure your hood is coming down good and sealing to the air box.
Thanks Ghostwhite, going to just go and silicone it up i think. I added a little foam on my intake box so thats sealing up good.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Seal around headlight with clear silicone.Factory had a foam seal " band-aid" did not always work well,Believe silicone Alex Plus will factory color match ( grey).
Did whole front end all seams sealed as well as foamed left front hood area as it does not sit on lower panel very well.

Premium Features