• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Kit Weight?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Ok, so these uber-cool fan-kits offer some extra power....yeeha!

What is the total weight of the parts for the kit that are installed?

For an 800r kit?

For a 1200 E-Tec kit?

I know you make up some difference by replacing/removing the exhaust cans, but these kits look to add a reasonable balance of parts to the running weight

Thx!

MtnDoo

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
You know, that would be cool to have an exact number to what a kit adds.

My sled and my Dads sled are twins. His is setup with a lightweight can and the easy weight removed and mine has the turbo setup. I will weigh them and see what the difference, then post the results of how much extra the turbo sled weighs in at. It isnt a whole lot, but some for sure.

Jake

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
It sounds like:

+ 25 lbs turbo kit
- $5200.00 wallet

Give or take.
Pretty much a wash.

Ya, what you gain on the sled you lose out of your pocket so it makes up for it...LOL

I havent got the two sleds together to do the weight difference yet. Ive been a tad busy but will see if I can get that done this weekend.

Jake

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
the xr 1200 has a really heavy can if you lift the turbo and can they seem to weight the same but you put the turbo center of the sled i had a tough time setting up my air shocks to not be right side heavy so this added weight should never be noticed i hope the power eats the weight

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
I'm quite sure the power added will more than negate any added weight.
Plus, the change (or elimination) of the suitcase would hedge the bet!

Either way - the fun factor, 2 or 4 stroke w/ a turbo would be huge!

;-)

MD.

Premium Features