• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alternative impact 36 front suspension

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Well got my A arms on and my shocks back from Goodwin performance shortened to 16.6 and it was a pretty straight foward install, and the alignment came out pretty close the first try! Looks skinny!great quality and his new tie rods were the perfect length, but the knurling is on the wrong end! Now need my 860 BB back from Hansen racing and I can finish the sled, in the mean time I am building another mountain horse to replace my 570 berg that is going to one of my riding buds,found a new in crate 13 xc 450 so good starting point!

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Wow red looks cool, thought about using the floats but kinda like the stock shocks!di you also go the pivoting rear suspension?

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Ya, I have a promotion coming and will most likely be upgrading skid shocks to floats as well. Pretty excited to get this one done and on the snow. As for the red it does look pretty cool, bought a set of black 36" as well for the 600 and those are cool as well with their textured finish.

Last edited:

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Zbroz 36 to alt 36

Do both zbroz 36 and alt 36 take the same shocks? Thinking about going to alt 36, but already have awesome raptors installed on my Zbroz 36.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Both 36" kits use the '13/14/15 the pro 16 5/8" front shock length. I chose the alt impact mostly for the sway bar option so you don't have to have such an aggressive valving and spring rate. But after talking with Dan on the phone for a bit, my decision came more from his customer interaction/support. Very helpful and will remind you that he is there if run into any issues with his products. I will definitely be a repeat buyer from alt impact. I've always had good luck with zbroz as well, but I did not want to have to purchase either a spring kit or shocks to run that kit to the full potential of the 36" stance.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Both 36" kits use the '13/14/15 the pro 16 5/8" front shock length. I chose the alt impact mostly for the sway bar option so you don't have to have such an aggressive valving and spring rate. But after talking with Dan on the phone for a bit, my decision came more from his customer interaction/support. Very helpful and will remind you that he is there if run into any issues with his products. I will definitely be a repeat buyer from alt impact. I've always had good luck with zbroz as well, but I did not want to have to purchase either a spring kit or shocks to run that kit to the full potential of the 36" stance.

Ditto! Same reasons!

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I have bought narrow front ends from Dan in the past. He is great to work with and easy to reach with any of your questions.

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
Excuse my ignorance, but why are guys getting the narrow stance kit if the sled is already 'flicakble'

Is it more for durability?

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
The sled is more flick-able!! When carving, you don't even need to go wrong foot forward. Steep hill you still need wrong foot forward, but way less effort overall. My wife is now a 'true rider' because of the 36".

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois

So, u are saying that my shock valving will be wrong on the Raptors going from Zbroz to Alt, correct?

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
No, you should be ok if you didn't order it specific for the zbroz kit. You will most likely loosen your spring pressures though. Zbroz does recommended when purchasing their kit to use at least their 36" spring rates and also recommends shocks they have spec'd to that kit as well.

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
did I read correctly that the stock 13-15 shocks will work with the alt 36" stance without doing anything to them?

Premium Features