• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

problems on an 08 M8....dying

B

bebaldus

Mar 4, 2011
Grangeville Idaho
Hey i was wondering if anyone else had any problems with their sleds dying. It doesn't do it till it is warm...about 6 miles or so down the trail and if i ever let off it is just done. If i keep it pinned or never back off the trottle it is fine. I have had damn near everything replaced....been to the dealer after every weekend for the last two years. Have thought it was a short from the beginning but can't find one. Three dealers have worked on it. Last one said too bad...trade it in. Was wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Or has any advice to what could be happening.

Hey i was wondering if anyone else had any problems with their sleds dying. It doesn't do it till it is warm...about 6 miles or so down the trail and if i ever let off it is just done. If i keep it pinned or never back off the trottle it is fine. I have had damn near everything replaced....been to the dealer after every weekend for the last two years. Have thought it was a short from the beginning but can't find one. Three dealers have worked on it. Last one said too bad...trade it in. Was wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Or has any advice to what could be happening.

Check the rollers and weights in your primary clutch.Just happened on buddys 07 m8.Clutch was getting stuck closed and would stall out.One of the other bushings was warn in there as well.

Last edited:
Premium Features