• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil injection elimination kits??

jr_ddix

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Who is running oil injection elimination kit and how are they working. Which one is the better way to go

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
link

http://http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/procross-proclimb-chassis-general-discussion/311457-2012-bdx-oil-injection-delete-instructions-m800-w-pics.html

Backcountryislife has a killer write up on this with pics. See attached link. I have not done it yet. Still trying to figure out how much of 12 lb weight loss is actually just oil that can be left out of reservoir. It seems the mag tank can't weigh that much.

Any idea what the weight of actual parts removed was BCIL?

I can't see any downside to doing it besides the inconvenience of mixing.

BTW-It is nuking in Washington. Mt.Baker has got 9' of snow in the last 48hrs!! It is mid March!!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
BTW-It is nuking in Washington. Mt.Baker has got 9' of snow in the last 48hrs!! It is mid March!!

not sure what else you were talking about... but this is the forecast for where I was going to ride on sat...

friday
Hi 60 °F Friday
Night

saturday
Sunny
Hi 61 °F Saturday
Night

sunday
Chance
Rain/Snow
Hi 55 °F

YOU SUCK (and so does AKSP, just for the record!!!):face-icon-small-fro

As to actual weight loss, around 9 lbs assuming you didn't fill the tank all the way up (does anyone do that on these?) then 12+ if full.

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
not sure what else you were talking about... but this is the forecast for where I was going to ride on sat...

friday
Hi 60 °F Friday
Night

saturday
Sunny
Hi 61 °F Saturday
Night

sunday
Chance
Rain/Snow
Hi 55 °F

YOU SUCK (and so does AKSP, just for the record!!!):face-icon-small-fro

As to actual weight loss, around 9 lbs assuming you didn't fill the tank all the way up (does anyone do that on these?) then 12+ if full.

Last year you had all the snow and we got friggin rained on in January WTF? So you just pipe down:face-icon-small-hap

Mr. dix 32-40:1 it's kinda up to you. Id run a touch closer to 32:1 but whatever...

Edit: Meant 32 not 36 just looked at the cap from the race sled again...

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I run 32:1, works for me.

The guy I used to ride for runs that or heavier, race sleds run that, Cutler recommended to run that... so that's what I run :D

Most folks seem to say don't go over 40:1 with the delete.

Also, if you haven't yet, look into the other ways that many of us supplement initial lubrication at install. do a quick google search & you'll see the zerk method, drilling, tapping the case.... number of ways to do it... pick the one that works for you.

OH, btw on the 12... it's REAL interesting to get to the bottom banjo... the way I did it wasn't plan A, but it did end up working well... might want to go the route that we ended up with just for ease of install, the bottom brace on the 12 is a PITA to work around!!

Last edited:
R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
I feel like I take more time to look over the sled! Mixing oil is easy I picked up a pre-mix cup to measure oil with multiple increments to make different ratios!

IM RUNNING A 34:1

Premium Features