• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Nac Pack or Crew Pack???

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I’m looking for some input and feedback on backpacks. I’ve done a couple of searches and came up with some info but more specifically I looking for info on the Klim Nac Pack and Crew Pack. I’m currently running a North Face with some modifications and it’s worked well but I would like to upgrade.

For those of you with either of these packs are there any pros or cons?

I know the Nac Pack is a little smaller, anyone run into problems with it being too small?

Is more comfortable than the other?

Any and all advice is welcome and thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have 2 Nac Packs and 1 Crew Pack.

I like the Crew much better.
Its quite a bit more comfortable, and IF you need to stash any clothing, it has the extra space.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I have 2 Nac Packs and 1 Crew Pack.

I like the Crew much better.
Its quite a bit more comfortable, and IF you need to stash any clothing, it has the extra space.

Thanks for the reply,

You say the Crew is more comfortable then the Nac, any specific reason why. The reason I ask is that I found a lot of guys saying the Nac Pack was really comfortable and really didn't notice it on your back.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm a fairly big guy.
When the nac is mostly empty, its very light and you really don't notice it much. But load it up with water and goodies, and you feel a small dense pack on your back.

The Crew pack has a very different padding system that sits against your back. I found it far more comfortable for me to wear over the course of the day. The width of the harness and straps just seems to be fit me better.

And I am always taking off a vest or something from the cold in the morning and stashing it away in the pack by midday.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Thanks for the info!!!!

Any recommendations on where to pick one up ?

Last edited:
Premium Features