• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Time to Start getting ready for WINTER!!!

Dec 21, 2010
Wisconsin
so the plan for my 2011 Pro is to get a sled wrap, black rails and some kind of billet colored wheels. i am looking for all opininons of what color combos to use and where to get the colored billet wheels rails and wrap. so come on guys its July time to start getting ready for winter

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
From my previous experiences, IceAge is definitly the place to get your rails and wheels. They can go as plain or exotic as you want. While you're at it, why not throw one of the ALL NEW Timbersled Mtn. Tamer rear suspensions on those rails?

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
I think the stock rear skid is solid on the Pro! Check out ArcticFX Graphics. They have the best IMO.

Maybe they work well under stock power, but every one that I was around under boost(dozen or so) seemed much tougher to control with the stock skid. I rode with 2 of those same sleds on multiple occations once they had Timbersled skids, and the difference was huge in deep snow and even more so climbing.

If a person is going to the extent of new rails, why not go ahead and get the suspension to go with it? Especially with the ALL NEW Mtn. Tamer available. That is my opinion from my experience last season. My new pro will be sporting this new Mtn. Tamer. It comes down to what a person wants to do with thier sled, their riding, and preference I suppose And as long as you are happy with what you have, then all is well.

Dec 21, 2010
Wisconsin
good stuff guys. i dont plan to turbo it....YET when i do it will be Timbersled rear skid for sure but for the time being just plan on replacing my bent rails... as far as the wrap goes i want something pretty radical im leaing toward something from HMR racing like the T-bomber http://www.amrracing.com/catalog/sl...snowmobile-graphics-decal-kit---2011-177.html but havent decided yet. i will keep you all posted with pics as i go.

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
how can i get ready for winter when i am still riding, yep i am still riding in wyoming i have about 2 to 3 weeks of snow left.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
From my previous experiences, IceAge is definitly the place to get your rails and wheels. They can go as plain or exotic as you want. While you're at it, why not throw one of the ALL NEW Timbersled Mtn. Tamer rear suspensions on those rails?

Last I heard, Erik hated the MT skid on his turbo? Lost all the fun factor.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Hey Matt,
So what caused you to switch from your sweet turbo Cat to Polaris?

I still have the turbo cat for now. I believe the pro chasis is hands down the most capable one out there for me and what I do on a sled. From my experiences on the ones that I spent time on last season, they are flat out awesome and work just a bit better than the M, and requier just a bit less effort than the M. And personally, that is something to be very excited about.

He couldn't make the leap straight to the Etec...it would just be too much progression to deal with at once. ;)

I have nothing against the etec, but I HATE that akward chasis it currently sits in.

Last I heard, Erik hated the MT skid on his turbo? Lost all the fun factor.

LOL I guess there is a bit of truth to that. BUT, you have to remember that Erik is a freaking animal that is used to riding 280+ horsepower and sub 440 lb sleds. And not to climb hills, but rather make the most obsurd nasty technical lines through the trees, across and up hills, and through creek bottoms. He is one of the very very few people that can truly ride a sled with its skis always pointed up. That being said, he replaced the stock pro skid with a lightweight cat skid until his timbersled was installed. The timbersled skid brought control to his sled. By the end of the year he had it setup retarded! Low air in his rear shock to get back that skis up action. I rode it for a while and it was akward and difficult for me to handle.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
I still have the turbo cat for now. I believe the pro chasis is hands down the most capable one out there for me and what I do on a sled. From my experiences on the ones that I spent time on last season, they are flat out awesome and work just a bit better than the M, and requier just a bit less effort than the M. And personally, that is something to be very excited about.

I have nothing against the etec, but I HATE that akward chasis it currently sits in.

LOL I guess there is a bit of truth to that. BUT, you have to remember that Erik is a freaking animal that is used to riding 280+ horsepower and sub 440 lb sleds. And not to climb hills, but rather make the most obsurd nasty technical lines through the trees, across and up hills, and through creek bottoms. He is one of the very very few people that can truly ride a sled with its skis always pointed up. That being said, he replaced the stock pro skid with a lightweight cat skid until his timbersled was installed. The timbersled skid brought control to his sled. By the end of the year he had it setup retarded! Low air in his rear shock to get back that skis up action. I rode it for a while and it was akward and difficult for me to handle.

No doubt! the few times I rode with him last season, I was in bed at 7pm :face-icon-small-hap It was funny to see a different skid/shock combo every other day. I guess that's why he call riding, testing.

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
good stuff guys. i dont plan to turbo it....YET when i do it will be Timbersled rear skid for sure but for the time being just plan on replacing my bent rails... as far as the wrap goes i want something pretty radical im leaing toward something from HMR racing like the T-bomber http://www.amrracing.com/catalog/sl...snowmobile-graphics-decal-kit---2011-177.html but havent decided yet. i will keep you all posted with pics as i go.

If you want to do the full graphics with a matching snow flap, we can do that for you and bundle it in with the AMR wrap. We are a dealer for AMR racing.

Just letting ya know!

-Matt

Dec 21, 2010
Wisconsin
Sledfreak i have checked out your website a couple times and was actually planning on getting one of your snow flaps. i might as well get the wrap from you at the same time. go to know you can help me out thanks!

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
No problem!

Just shoot me a PM or email with what your looking for and we'll see what kind of deal we can get you.

Thanks!

-Matt

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
A few seasons back I purchased billet wheels. They look pretty hanging on the display rack and they look super nice on a sled, whether it be in the shop at home or the parking lot. Unfortunately, they serve no purpose and are invisible in the powder, IMO. Sly Dog offers some very cool color combos with there plastic wheels FYI.

Premium Features