• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 05 IQR Build

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
This is my 05 IQR that i bought from IQKDOG. He already installed a big block 700 VES using poweraddictions plate, carb adapters, and pipe. So far i have installed a VE 144 tunnel extension with the bumper, RSI handlebars, and a Snowstar front bumper which is a great product by the way! He did a great job! There are many more parts i need to install to finish the project so i will post more pics as i go!

05 IQR Build 001.jpg 05 IQR Build 002.jpg 05 IQR Build 003.jpg 05 IQR Build 004.jpg 05 IQR Build 005.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Lookin good!!:nod: I havent even started on mine yet.. Tons of work to do.. I am wanting to add a front bumper also.. I have seen them like this on a few other IQR,s but cannot find info on them..Where did you get yours and what did it cost? Are they made for the IQR? PM me with the info if ya can.. Thanks

Last edited:
D
Dec 4, 2007
Central Lower Michigan
I have the original blue plastics off your sled...I'm putting back together a 05 that will be blue with a white hood. I also own a 08 sled that I'm working on this summer. Made the mistake of riding one last winter and now have had to buy 2.

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I have the original blue plastics off your sled...I'm putting back together a 05 that will be blue with a white hood. I also own a 08 sled that I'm working on this summer. Made the mistake of riding one last winter and now have had to buy 2.

Nice! I havent been able to really ride it yet but i have a lot of work to do and when its done im sure im gonna love it! Hope im not gonna have to buy another one for awhile tho! LOL:face-icon-small-hap

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
did you put those C&As on there too? Is this what you're planning on putting that Cobra track on? Looks like a sweet sled, I bet it rips with that piped 700!

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Thanks! Yeah this is what i want to put the cobra track on! I didnt put the c&as on it... it was sold to me that way. I think they are the ADX series so they are really aggressive. I hope it rips, i only rode it down the field once cuz i bought it so late in the season but i think it may be clutched wrong but its an easy fix once we get some snow again!:face-icon-small-coo

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Snowstar is on the forum. great guy to deal with. I sent him my internal bumper and he made an external one out of it. It attaches in the stock location and bolts to the front of the lower a-arm mounts. u can get it raw for 150 or powdercoated for 180.

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I just got my iceage rails yesterday and man do they look awesome! I cant wait to install them. ive had a couple of requests to take pics underneath the tunnel and i havent gotten to it yet. the wife always has the camera in her purse and when i want to use it she is not around. i will get those pics soon.

what wheels should i run for the rear idlers? i have to run 8 inch wheels with the iceage rails. so does anyone have any input as to which type or brand r the best and which r the best deal? (composite, plastic, aluminum)

also can i get some opinions on my pipe? i need to do something with it as it is just raw now. it needs to be ceramic coated or wrapped. what way is the best to do and who does it or what brand to use?

Thanks
Jason

Last edited:
K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
you arent running a turbo so ceramic coating will be able to handle the heat. Ceramic coaters are not specific to the sled industry. Just google "ceramic cat" or "powder coat" and the nearest city to you and you will find someone.

It isn't rocket science and it should cost under $200 for the pipe. Don't wrap the pipe unless you are comfortable with tuning an engine. It keps th eheat in and may change the nature of the pipe.

Check the race forum for parts and ideas. You may find an aftermarket pipe for your sled for about the same money as ceramic coating your stocker.

hard core sledder dot com is a good site for this sled.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
You're going to love that track around here. I wish I could put my assault track on the new sled... maybe next year. Unless you want a spare comp track... :face-icon-small-win sweet looking sled tho, I hope it shreds for ya

might want to invest in some scratchers tho... ;)

Last edited:
C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
You're going to love that track around here. I wish I could put my assault track on the new sled... maybe next year. Unless you want a spare comp track... :face-icon-small-win sweet looking sled tho, I hope it shreds for ya

might want to invest in some scratchers tho... ;)

Yeah i hope it works out well for me. My only concern is the speed rating. I like to go fast at times and I thought u werent supposed to go over 70 with the assault track?

I have some scratchers from ice age just havent installed them yet.

For your coating you may want to check out http://www.newimagecoatings.com/

I believe they do a bunch of the work for Hot Seat and their pipes. There in Lino Lakes, MN.

Thanks! I will have to check them out!

Premium Features