• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summer Project - '05 900 RMK Build

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
This was my summer project. Let me know what you guys think about my first build. Started as '05 900 RMK with these parts that I added....
'09 Pro Taper handlebars with 2" block
'09 handlebar hooks
Timber Sled Rider Select Delete Kit
RSI handle grips
High output hand warmers
Willwood master brake w/fly brake line
Gravity Works throttle cable
'09 block off plate for throttle block
'09 mode switches
'09 Dragon console
Goldfinger left hand throttle
'09 black windshield
Mod Rod hood vents
SLP shock tower vents & instrument pod vents
R & M side panel vents
'09 front plastic kit
CoBy front bumper
Timber Sled sway bar block off plates
Holz A-Arms & '09 sway bar
Holz spindles / SLP Powder Pro skiis
Front shocks - Walker Evans, re-valved & Fabcraft chambers added
Avid anti-ratchet drivers
Anti stab kit
Ice-Age 163" rails with 1-1/2" cut off / grafite Hifax
Mountain Mod 9" wheels / Polaris two wheel kit
'09 5.1 track
Walker Evans rebuilt rear shocks
Fat Boy springs
Back rack plastic taken off
SLP LED brake light
Holz gas rack
'09 seat bar
'07 under seat bag
WRP (Wasatch Recreational Products) assault seat
WRP running board kit
Indy Dan torque master 3 bottom end with an AC 32mm clutch
Carl's 975 top end & ECU
V-force 3 reeds
SLP pipe & can
SLP torque stop & push arm
Timber Sled intake
Polzin's '05 chain case cover

There may be a few things I left out. A special thank you goes out to these people: The guys at Woodside Motor Sports in Hailey, Idaho (Brian, John, Greg, Randy, Eric, Shane, Kenny & Brandon) for the build help;
Doug at WRP for their great products & service
Carl's for their 975 kits
Indy Dan for his Torque Master bottom end kits
Kreg Polzin for his chain case & help for us 900 guys
And all the other aftermarket parts companies that help move our sport forward. THANK YOU!

Fast Freddie :beer;:beer;

'05 900 RMK Build 003.jpg '05 900 RMK Build 005.jpg '05 900 RMK Build 006.jpg '05 Polaris 900 RMK 032.jpg '05 Polaris 900 RMK 036.jpg '05 Polaris 900 RMK 037.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
That thing looks good.... yet another 900 to make mine feel that much more 'stock' lol

:beer;:beer;:beer;:D Nice sled Fred:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
FF..

LOOKS GREAT...i am pretty sure you were the first to try the 09 console...so its your fault we all love it so much..

looks Excellent...great work my friend..

F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
Thanks guys, ya Saen i got the idea when the 05 & 09 was sitting next to each other last year. Then i found super daves3 on here and had to see if i could pull it off. Just 3 things on the wish list now comp mounts, van tunnel &turbo.:D:D
FF:beer;:beer;

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Mint dude, mint. One of the nicest 900's Ive laid witness to. Well done!

S

sw

Sep 10, 2009
Minnesota
Nice build! One thing I notice are the plastic railtips on front of skid look to be past the wheels of anti-stab kit, Make sure you have sufficient clearance between rail tips and extro's before dropping the hammer. I have a very similar set-up and with the recommended length removed from rail tips w/stab kit I found out they did make contact with 7-tooth avid combos, when that happens, you are definately the first to know. Good work!

F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
Track

Track fit fine i put the Avid anti-ratchet drivers on, with anti-stab kit.
With 1 1/2in cut off the tips.This is the best way to make the track work other wise you need to cut windows put clips on & still need the anti-stab kit & cut the tips.

F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
SW Thanks for the heads up! i've not been able to get it out yet as we only got about 8-10in of snow on the flat 28-30 up high just do not want to take a chance getting up to it. Last time i tryed i lost a a-arm at 7mi. ouch.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Very nice FF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just out of curiousity(not looking to start a monkey crap fight at the zoo)... how does a well set up 9 like this compare to a 800 Dragon.

I have never been on a 900, but some of the guys say they have great bottom end snort. I am just thinkin combining that with boost, would make a great sled. Especially since some of the 9's are going real reasonable.

I think you guys in the 900 section have caused the 900 market to rise again though... :eek:

F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
Outlaw I have both a 09 800 dragon i got as a snow check & my 05 900rmk.
I use the 800 for the back up sled/wife sled HAHA :eek: I put the 975 kit on last year and found a new love for the old 900 this thing rocks now.Can't wait too get out and try the new up dates. The 09 front end should make this sled almost orgasmic to ride. DOPE DID I SAY THAT!

p.s. Just tell people not to buy the 900 so are cost stay down hehehe

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I have my 700T about 95% there, so it will be time to have another machine to tinker on. I like to go out to the shop after the family goes to bed and forget about the day.

Think, I might try to find one this summer. I have been watching a few wrecked ones that have been sitting. A call to IndyDan, and enough boost to blow apart a diesel engine, and think it would be one fun sled!!!!!!!! I have some crazy thoughts(nothing revolutionary) for the chasis, that I havent seen tried yet.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
First ride

Well got out for the first ride last weekend, just a trail ride. This thing handels great like the 09 800 put with the power of the 975 yaho!!.
Very low snow, so not much off trail rideing. This thing rippes the only thing
that could out run me was Todd Tupper on his AC 800 turbo race sled.:mad:
Next year this things getting a turbo!!:D:D

Premium Features