• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 M8 Series stock suspension hole

H

Hammertime

Nov 27, 2007
Arvada, Colorado
I am in need of advice on this sled. The M - Series sleds come with a suspension mount hole underneath the tunnel in the rear. When you drop the suspension down (raise the rear end of the tunnel) What effect does it have in the powder.

A. Trench more
B. Float better
C. Nothing

I want the best possible performance in the deep pow so will dropping the suspension down help me or hurt me?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Cheers!

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
I remounted mine hoping that the extra clearance in the tunnel would make for less resistance resulting in more track speed and more horsepower to the ground. It's nothing too extreme, but I would think every bit helps.

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
Drop it to the lower hole, and it will go better in the powder. It will also give you slightly more ski pressure.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
when i first got mine it wanted to wheely a bit much for my liking so i tightened my limiters one. however i have since gone as loose as i can with the limiter and went to the lower hole in the back it keeps my front down enough for my liking and seems to be quite the powder performer. try it out for yourself no harm in that.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
would tightening the front shock help with the extra ski pressure? have wondered if the extra clearance would be hindered by the extra pressure to the front. does it affect how quick the sled wants to float?

Premium Features