• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile shows

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Why is it that Snowest will advertise all of the Snowmobile shows but only sponsor one or two of them? And it's always the same ones! Why can't they spead it out a bit! The Idaho show always has some sort of sweet prizes to give away. But the Denver show never has any cool giveaways or drawings. It sure would be nice to have a bigger sponsor, that way bigger, better and more vendors would come and set up. It would be sweet to see some different vendors other that the same ol same ol! There are always a ton of peeps that show up for the Denver show but walk around for 10 minutes and you have seen everything. It's always the same dealers, we hardly ever have any mod shops come to the show and if you are interested in a turbo it had better be for a Yammie cause NOBODY will have info on 2 stroke turbos. Colorado is one of the biggest snowmobiling meccas South of the Canadian border but yet our Snow Show always seems to lack a bit!

Sorry about the rant, I was just looking at the Denver Snow Show website and it's the same as last year. Then I read about the Idaho show and got really jealous! I mean they are having a snowmobile giveaway, a mod sled contest and many other things!

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
I agree.

About 2 months ago i met with the Denver Snow Show organizer for about a hour. She really seemed excited to bring the show alive. I tried a few times to follow up with her but haven't heard back. My opinion is that the show organizers, have the best intentions, are not snowmobilers or know much about our sport. That is probably the main problem.

I've thought about trying to get some dealers together to do a mod show or something cool but I don't have the ability to commit any more $$$, although i can def make time.

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
Just a thought, from my very limited experience with show (of varying types).

But, as they get bigger, more 'professional', they get MUCH more expensive (for the vendors). You will gain some and lose some. The small guys won't pay out thousands to show their stuff. They can't. When a vendor starts paying premiums for a table; per chair; for the carpet in their booth; power, per outlet; garbage pickup; their labor to set up and break down; etc, etc, etc. it adds up fast.

As always, great idea, but be careful what you wish for.

2fun4u

Feb 20, 2002
Mountain Home, ID
www.2coolairvents.com
Just a thought, from my very limited experience with show (of varying types).

But, as they get bigger, more 'professional', they get MUCH more expensive (for the vendors). You will gain some and lose some. The small guys won't pay out thousands to show their stuff. They can't. When a vendor starts paying premiums for a table; per chair; for the carpet in their booth; power, per outlet; garbage pickup; their labor to set up and break down; etc, etc, etc. it adds up fast.

As always, great idea, but be careful what you wish for.

You are absolutely right that it adds up fast! As a vendor, it is tough to spend 13 hours driving to a show, set up, pay for the space, rooms, meals, etc., then have EVERYONE want a better deal on the products that you brought - I know that's the nature of the beast, but after 5 shows, it gets to be a little overwhelming! :)

The thing is, all of the Northwest shows cost the same and it's RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE from a vendor standpoint. There are really not that many perks as a vendor to pay the thousands that we do to have the space and to show off our stuff and sell a little. If they could look at receipts from year to year and adjust when attendance is up, give the vendors a break on their space for the next year or something like that, it would be HUGE! Then we could offer discounts at our booths or at least feel like it's worth it.

Why isn't it that the 4 manufacturers don't fork over the money and all 4 of them sponsor the shows - then offer booths to the vendors at a cheap rate to encourage attendance by the aftermarket companies.

Okay - so i'm ranting - but snow show season is coming and the outpouring of money is crazy! I would love to see someone really re-think the typical snowmobile show - go to a SEMA event and check that out, then come back and revamp a sled show!

:)

Rant over.

:) 2fun

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
I live 2 blocks from the SLC snow show so I have nothing to complain about. If its not too much trouble make the trip to Utah for the show, we have all the geniuses in 2 stroke turbo technology to talk turbos to. A sled giveaway and its always near Halloween so you get candy from every vendor, I hear Boise is a great show but if your looking for the best snow show with a Mtn theme I would head to Seattle for the Pyuallup (spelling) show, its aaawwesome! and BIG:cool:
I was wondering what show do all the Wyoming and Montana folk go to?

Last edited:

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
yes seattle is by far the premier snow show event.

But even it is nothing like SEMA or any other real show event.

Denver has a pretty good show, i wouldnt compare it to boise at all. Last year denver was pretty big, but other years its tiny... its certainly the most fluctuating show attendance out there...

i just like meeting the peeps, and seeing the old friends!!!
Ya here that Tammy? Im coming to find you!!!

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
It is my understanding that Snowest advertising all the shows but only sponsors the two they do directly, which is Boise and Salt Lake. For them to take money from these two shows and sponsor others would mean that Boise and Salt Lake would go away.

I'm only guessing but that is the way I see it.

S

Sled169

how much does it cost a vendor approx?

It varies from show to show, and on booth location and size but on average a vendor will pay around $1000 per space depending on the size, some less some a lot more, then the add on's start for power, extra tables chairs and what not.

and as 2Fun was "Ranting" about when you do four or five shows a year and ad in gas, motels and meals if really takes a pile of money to travel and do the shows.

But as Phatty said it is always good to see old friends and make new ones and the snow shows are always great for that, that is as long as the liver does not go on strike or you find yourself sleeping on the concrete floor under a sled deck one morning because said liver left the building.

Looking forward to seeing everyone....

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
how much does it cost a vendor approx?

i.e.

Idaho snow show: $35.00 to $100.00 for carpet; $10.00 per 10amp outlet; $40.00hr labor for set up/break down; $5.00 per trash can; $7.50 per extension cord; forklifts extra, surge protectors extra, easels extra, stools extra, you get the idea. Plus the actual floor space. Tents with logo's cost $1000.00 and up for a small one.

Plus, room, fuel, food, booze (just kidding, no one actually drinks).

:beer;:beer;

2fun4u

Feb 20, 2002
Mountain Home, ID
www.2coolairvents.com
yes seattle is by far the premier snow show event.

But even it is nothing like SEMA or any other real show event.

Denver has a pretty good show, i wouldnt compare it to boise at all. Last year denver was pretty big, but other years its tiny... its certainly the most fluctuating show attendance out there...

i just like meeting the peeps, and seeing the old friends!!!
Ya here that Tammy? Im coming to find you!!!

Oh Phatty - If you catch me, you could be SSOORRYYYY!!!! ;)

The best part of the whole thing is seeing my winter time friends and meeting new ones!

:) 2fun

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
There is a show in MT called EXPO! Of course it's at the other end of the season but it's a Montana show. How big and exciting these shows are is directly related to how big the market is! Small market...small shows....sled market is small so we get what we get.

Me....I loves the shows! Get's you in the mood for sled season and gets me face to face with my (people) customers. It's a lot of time, work, and money but in the long run it all adds up to be worth it. Of course it's better if you customers buy you beer at the shows! (HELLOOOOOOOO:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-win)

2fun4u

Feb 20, 2002
Mountain Home, ID
www.2coolairvents.com
There is a show in MT called EXPO! Of course it's at the other end of the season but it's a Montana show. How big and exciting these shows are is directly related to how big the market is! Small market...small shows....sled market is small so we get what we get.

Me....I loves the shows! Get's you in the mood for sled season and gets me face to face with my (people) customers. It's a lot of time, work, and money but in the long run it all adds up to be worth it. Of course it's better if you customers buy you beer at the shows! (HELLOOOOOOOO:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-win)

Rob - you are so self absorbed!!! Haven't you realized by now that some of us in the booth don't drink beer! :face-icon-small-win heehee - sometimes you just have to take matters into your own cup :face-icon-small-ton

I love the shows too - just wanna pay someone else to do the booth so I can go around and chat with peeps all day!

:) T

Snoboner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle Point, OR
im sorry, did you just say you could set me up with two little hotties? :D saweeet!!!!

Sorry Phatty, She was talking to Me! :p I'm coming to Boise for the show. If you need help in the booth let me know. You too Tammy, Give me a magic Red cup and I'll spell ya in the booth for awhile :face-icon-small-win

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
brandy, I spent the weekend in your neck of the woods and nobody hooked me up with any hotties? :D YES I do need the help...

by the way it was really cool meeting you!

Premium Features