• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 sled being released next week.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Whether perceived or actual, the 900 has junk reputation.

I suggest that when they bring a larger engine that they call it a "53" or "55" or whatever it is in cubic inch.
People love good old made in the USA cubic inch!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I've been hearing of a January early release.
I've also heard rumors about what it may be.
Only time will tell.

Well spill em... everyone loves rumors :face-icon-small-hap

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
The pro chasis with a 440 lc or 550 fan with belt drive in a 136 track not much expense in tooling to bring this public.

I had my usual conversation with Polaris reps at Hay Days last fall to ask again when they will be building a mountain sled for kids. I spoke at length with a marketing guy and then an engineering guy. To my surprise the answers I was getting were very different than they have been in the past. When I mentioned they have all the parts to build a shorter version of a fan cooled axys RMK in the 375 pound range, there was a response that it would most likely be around 365. I spoke about cutting a big block in half to make a 300, 350 or a 400 single cylinder, with ease because the oil and water pump are mounted outboard on the mag side and that lead to discussion on how the new electronic oil pump could solve half of that problem and allow the use a current injected engine to make a 300cc engine. They did not bring up the small market this would need to serve and how this would not provide enough volume for profit as they always have in the past so I did. My vision to market this considers that they have 98 % of all needed parts already on the shelf to build a 550 fan, 90% if they tool a new engine. A snow check only build (no in season models) with a budget priced heavier base model and upgrades to include the light weight goodies, better shocks, electric start, and instrumentation would let the buyer decide how much they are willing to pay for an entry level sled. No in season models would create demand and keep resale values higher. Snow check only build would also prevent the issues ski doo experienced with unsold sleds when they tried this market. Ski Doo also tooled most of their sled without using current off the shelf parts which did not make the tooling a good investment for them,using as many off the shelf parts as posible would eliminate this issue. Marketing asked me questions on how much I thought this sled should cost. My answer was for them to look back at their marketing plan used when they introduced the Indy lite. What was list price % compared to the flagship model, or the next model up or bellow? It would need to fit in that range. A bare bones sled price pointed there would be the starting point. Add snow check options or let the dealers make some money on the upgrades thru the accessories catalog. I did not get an answer about when or if they would build the sled I was asking for but definitely came away with the perception that they were working on something and have actually built prototypes. Just seeing this post with the invite looks promising that Polaris may actually be listening to the folks that buy their products or the new 200 sled from Yam a Cat has got their attention. Just a few more days to wait and see what will be reveled.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Whether perceived or actual, the 900 has junk reputation.

I suggest that when they bring a larger engine that they call it a "53" or "55" or whatever it is in cubic inch.
People love good old made in the USA cubic inch!

Not everyone. When are they dropping that inch thing for the track too and live up to the rest of the worlds expectations. We are not riding old Harleys here.

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
judging by the horsepower wars going on in the sxs market, I doubt polaris will stand still with their current 800 and let doos have their way. i expect an 850-875cc release in the spring. 168- 170ish hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
For a lighter rider like myself I would rather see them keep the 800 and lose 30 pounds. Maybe add a factory turbo option or aftermarket factory approved turbo for guys that need more power.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I'm guessing we'll see SOME changes for the Axys RMK for 2019....I just don't know what they would be. Highly doubt you'll see a full chassis revamp 3 years in. Heck, Doo went 9 years and Cat is on 7....the Pro went for 5.

The Axys isn't anymore of a change from the Pro than the Xp to the Xm was or the Proclimb to the Ascender is. So by your statement Poo is on year 8.

Premium Features