• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GOLDEN,Vandalism?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Western Canada
Why is nobody catching these punks,are they local?smashing windows to detour sledders from coming there?cmon snoclub,put someone in the parking lots and I'm sure you could charge another 5bucks a head [trail pass per day or charge 150 a year instead of 100]to stop this:confused:.who's in charge of the snoclub?:confused:

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
The BCSF site lists a contact for Golden Snowmobile Club but I would think it's the Golden Snowmobile Trail Society that's in charge since they hold the trail management agreement with the government.
I'm heading there this weekend for avy training and hopefully something is done.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Golden BC
Fuggin bad when you are worried to go ride in your own town!!!!!! I've been gone out at work for a few weeks now & I'm a little worried to say the least. Really sorry you guys are having to pass by Golden to go somewhere safer. I'm gonna do my best to find out who is responsible for this ****e!!!!! heard thru the grapevine today that they saw a vehicle at the local RCMP with a smashed window............ possibly from an incident today???:mad:

T

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
Saturday at Quartz. Already booked so I have to go. Might bring some plastic and tuc tape just in case. It'll suck thinking about the truck the whole time.

G

gutterball

Dec 9, 2007
alberta
We were among a bunch of guys hit at silent pass last season, the police did catch them with a van full of our stuff at banff, then the next day they were released and it was business as usual. at eagles pass in Revy they charged us five bucks per guy to keep someone in the parking lot, if this doesnt start in golden we will not!!! ride there any more. Sorry to the locals who are supportive but the sport is expensive enough without feeding these pukes.
i'm done

P
Nov 28, 2007
Kitimat B.C.
the only way these losers will get off easy is if the cops catch em..............sledders will not be so kind, I guess I'll pull my stereo and leave the truck unlocked with nothing in it when I go...........but thats easy for me as I live here.

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
there must be a few local hunters around Golden willing to put up their trail camera near the parking lot, put it in a location where it will snap a pic of the vehicles coming and going from the parking lot. either that or hide in an enclosed trailer, something should be done. it is also bad in the parking lot at Powder King, I don't go there because of it. but I hope to make it to Golden sometime, you would think the amount of money being spent by the sledders from out of town that the local buisinesses would try to do something.

maybe even just put up a sign stating that the parking lot is under video surveillance, and hang an empty box in a tree. it worked at a local ferry crossing here that shuts down at 11pm. not one incident of vandalism to the ferry equipment since, even tho there is no camera....

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
Western Canada
I think a bunch should stay behind in their trailers,(play cards:cool::beer;:face-icon-small-ton)catch them and hog tie them around the ankles and hook them up to my turbo and hit the trail for 20k or so,come back down and let them walk if they are still breathing and call the cops to pick em up.Your rite cameras are an excellent detourant,so lets get some out there snoclub!

P

powdrdog

Nov 27, 2007
Blackfalds, Alberta
I think a bunch should stay behind in their trailers,(play cards:cool::beer;:face-icon-small-ton)catch them and hog tie them around the ankles and hook them up to my turbo and hit the trail for 20k or so,come back down and let them walk if they are still breathing and call the cops to pick em up.Your rite cameras are an excellent detourant,so lets get some out there snoclub!

I agree with any luck someone sleding will catch them before the cops..... I was planning a trip to golden in a week but valemount sure seems alot safer

S
Talked to my buddy (Dulley&black four place that was broke into at Silent)note they never took the full jerry cans. He said by the time they got cell service to cancel cards the punks had $$400 dollar$$ tab in Golden at various spots. One being at the NAPA store I'm sure they would have survalance for Sat.He reported it to the cops and the lady officer told him they don't have a theft problem:face-icon-small-conWTF get off yer a$$ and you won't. On Monday my dads wallet was taken out of a truck at Quartz.

T

tpollon2

Dec 2, 2007
Calgary
Talked to my buddy (Dulley&black four place that was broke into at Silent)note they never took the full jerry cans. He said by the time they got cell service to cancel cards the punks had $$400 dollar$$ tab in Golden at various spots. One being at the NAPA store I'm sure they would have survalance for Sat.He reported it to the cops and the lady officer told him they don't have a theft problem:face-icon-small-conWTF get off yer a$$ and you won't. On Monday my dads wallet was taken out of a truck at Quartz.

I think we all need to contact The Golden Snowmobile Trail Society and get some action on this situation. Here is the contact

http://www.snowmobilegolden.com/contact.php

Last edited:
T
Nov 26, 2007
Golden BC
Any chance the groomer was out these days that you're getting vandalized?? Hate to think that, but anything is possible. The trail pass collector is out until ...... probably 2 or 3 I'm thinking, then these fuggers are coming out ? Or are they coming out with sleds, then leaving early once they see everyone has gone up? :mad:

M

M9onNOS

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2007
I know for a fact that the places being hit has not been where the groomer has been. I would hate to think that it is our own kind pulling this $hit but if it is and we catch them I would hate to be in their shoes.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Golden BC
hey man, i hate to think that too, but a guy has to look at every possibility. there's a few "boarders" that are a little sketchy around town. I would be "pressing" the Napa that the cards were used at. They know everybody around town & should know who's suspicious. The fact that the cops aren't doing **** is no surprise there.

The only way the cops are going to do anything is if these douchebags steal a trailer that has a burnt out light and Alberta plates on it....otherwise the cops are too busy handing out traffic violations to out of towners.

I ride out in Golden almost every weekend, and I'm starting to think about taking my money somewhere else. The last thing I need is a 2 1/2 hr drive home with plastic over a window. Pretty sure I'm not the only one.

K
Nov 26, 2007
vandalism

Man it sucks to hear all this, not from golden, an Invermere local, but it makes me feel bad for the out-of-towners getting broken into, and for the locals looking like scum because of it. Has anyone had any luck with the rcmp or golden snowmobile society? i like to ride silent pass and quartz occasionally, and i can barely afford to sled as it is, let alone fixing windows and cancelling credit cards. I'd be willing to spend a day over the christmas break (i'm a uni student) doing a stake-out if there were other volunteers. Hate to see it come to that, but i know i'd absolutely snap if i came back to my truck to find it broken into. what other options are there if the authorities won't do anything?

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
We were seriously thinking of planning a trip up.....but there is NO way I'm going to a place that I'd have to worry the whole time about our stuff. :( There are enough costs as it is, let alone having to worry about broken or stolen items.

I certainly hope something can be done about this. Cameras would be great! Also would be good for sledders to catch the vermin in the act.

Premium Features