• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My running-board foot-loop injury: Who else has had their foot stuck in the footwell?

Have you had problems with your boots getting trapped in your Polaris ProRide or AXYS

• Total voters

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Two predictions, hey, it's that time of year:

1. Poo will do nothing, say nothing. The loop might disappear in three years on the next RMK iteration (think glued a-arms there).

2. Threads on dootalk and the SW doo section will appear preaching the virtues of the doo footwell.

The poo product liability crew will rule out any changes to the current chassis - change could be construed as admission of guilt. Just the way it works. Aftermarket will provide the interim solutions.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Wow it's amazing how real this problem is with no accountability by Polaris.
I got bucked from my Axys and drug about fifty yards by my right boot.
No way I could free it by myself, luckily I was not injured but could just have easily been. Hope for speedy recoveries for Tony and anyone else that got injured!
Listen up Polaris!!!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Two predictions, hey, it's that time of year:

1. Poo will do nothing, say nothing. The loop might disappear in three years on the next RMK iteration (think glued a-arms there).

2. Threads on dootalk and the SW doo section will appear preaching the virtues of the doo footwell.

The poo product liability crew will rule out any changes to the current chassis - change could be construed as admission of guilt. Just the way it works. Aftermarket will provide the interim solutions.

haha sounds about right! Kinda like the 05-06 900 crank update came out after most if not all warranties ended and crazy cheap under 1k for a new crank , clutch and belt . It was pretty obvious they were making up for a bad design.

That was just parts this is a whole different deal with injuries common it would seem. I've never had a problem maybe it's the size 14 boots ?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Same here!!!

Happened last year in Cooke and ended up in a boot for 4 weeks. When it happened, I honestly thought I broke it!!!! Made it back to the Soda Butte, pulled my boot off and instantly swelled up like a puffer fish!! Luckily the bar had plenty of numbing liquid on hand........

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Actually, this issue goes back to the Dragon days and was made even worse with the addition of certain aftermarket boards.

Hasn't happened to me since the dragon days.

Raised them on my axys but i dont really like the feel of my toes being loose.
Carving both ways can be slightly unsettled.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Same here!!!

Happened last year in Cooke and ended up in a boot for 4 weeks. When it happened, I honestly thought I broke it!!!! Made it back to the Soda Butte, pulled my boot off and instantly swelled up like a puffer fish!! Luckily the bar had plenty of numbing liquid on hand........

It hasn't happened to me. I wear Klim Radium boots which are pretty thick due to the liner boot inside. I usually ride with my feet back 8" to 12" behind the front of the running board so I am not under the stirrup anyway. I don't like the way the sled works when I am further forward. I could do without them I guess. I don't even use them when I am on the trail. I leave my feet where they need to be in case I have to stand quickly to maneuver.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
It hasn't happened to me. I wear Klim Radium boots which are pretty thick due to the liner boot inside. I usually ride with my feet back 8" to 12" behind the front of the running board so I am not under the stirrup anyway. I don't like the way the sled works when I am further forward. I could do without them I guess. I don't even use them when I am on the trail. I leave my feet where they need to be in case I have to stand quickly to maneuver.

Yeah, I move around a lot on the boards but it only takes one split second and boom, your hurting!!! Since that little incident, I definitely try to keep my feet back a little further but it's a fine line.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Raised them on my axys but i dont really like the feel of my toes being loose. Carving both ways can be slightly unsettled.

That's why I designed the Everett Ankle Savers with a specific bend and a specific width. It still allows you to use the toe hook but doesn't allow your boot to get caught. Been runnin' them for the last two seasons.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net

I ride the same as you, feet always back on the boards. But one mishap made me develop the Everett Ankle Savers. Similar thing happend to TRS. In my case, I got clothes lined by a tree, which threw my body back, legs forward, and caused my boot to slide up under the foot loop. As I fell off, boot twisted, then trapped.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
My buddy went back to the Snopark early one day and took a short cut he said, somehow he got knocked off his sled going down this short but steep hill and was being drug down with only his right boot stuck in the foot well on his m1000. He had nobody with him and was screaming bloody murder he said. Luckily some guys happen to hear him so they came to help him and they couldn't get his boot out either the original Klims, they ended up getting his foot outa his boot but his boot was still wedged in there bad. Messed him up for awhile but he didn't break anything. Being drug down the hill by ur right leg outa control sounds like alota fun Lol

Premium Features