• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS vs DOO Comparison

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Well I do not have to worry about stock power, all I know is the HO works and works well.

Happy with mine and was not trying to go to war over number and I am not stuck on top end HP. It was stated that the HO was in the 153 range and I do not believe that is true.

GO Doo, GO Poo! Just get out and ride!

NEDitchbanger

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
Lincoln, NE
I will say that if you ride a new axys and then hop on a old pro or doo it is a big difference. The new doo' I can't say. What I will say is weight, positioning and angles make more difference than horsepower. Right now between doo and poo go buy from the best local support you can get. Then afterward be glad you have what you have and tell everyone else that your sh*t is the best. That's how it goes right? Oh and good luck to you if you choose anything but a Polaris.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
As far as the approach angle of the new doo, in real life it looks MUCH better. Initially I was concerned about this too. But it looks like the computer generated pics are not quite proportional. Anyways the thing that peaks my interest is the technology in the new 850 etec. I really like the direction they're going with the idea behind applying 4 stroke motor technology with 2 stroke power and weight. I love the crank that is forged and less parts, the connecting rods that bolt on, the roller bearings and oiling system, the pistons with the cast iron ring inserts, the plasma coated cylinders, the starter that is actually designed to be there, etc... Anyways I am excited to see what next year brings and I may have a doo in my garage along with an Axys. It's the first Doo that has really interested me.

12764740_1680740418835748_4424606579605327824_o.jpg

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
As far as the approach angle of the new doo, in real life it looks MUCH better. Initially I was concerned about this too. But it looks like the computer generated pics are not quite proportional. Anyways the thing that peaks my interest is the technology in the new 850 etec. I really like the direction they're going with the idea behind applying 4 stroke motor technology with 2 stroke power and weight. I love the crank that is forged and less parts, the connecting rods that bolt on, the roller bearings and oiling system, the pistons with the cast iron ring inserts, the plasma coated cylinders, the starter that is actually designed to be there, etc... Anyways I am excited to see what next year brings and I may have a doo in my garage along with an Axys. It's the first Doo that has really interested me.

Same thoughts on the 850! It looks great on paper. It should work well and "should" be solid. :face-icon-small-coo

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY

That does look much better. That's actually quite a flat approach angle compared to the t3.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Yea that looks a lot brtter, look how loose the limter straps are thou.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Anybody else see where the scratchers are mounted??? Seem like they are a long ways back (Mounted to the top bracket??) and the longer they are , the less pressure is going to be on the ground, in general. I wonder how those will work..

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I too like the sound of this new 850, just wish there was an easy way to put one in my old pro! ;)

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I too like the sound of this new 850, just wish there was an easy way to put one in my old pro! ;)

My thoughts exactly. Even looks like an easier fit (pipe and stuff) in an AXYS. Maybe I'll win a lottery!

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
That brings up one of my peeves about both thee Cat and the Doo, crap in the footwells... How is it that Polaris has been selling the best handling mtn sled on the snow for years now without a chanicase or brake rotor where your foot needs to be?

The Axys is arguably the best balanced yet I do not have to fight for space in the footwell when I need it. If that isn't fixed and the steering post angle isn't fixed then the general ergonomics are still badly flawed compared to the Polaris. I am not a customer of theirs until they fix those issues.

You my friend must have small feet. My feet get stuck in the small footwell's of my Pro alot. You should probly try the other two rather than just assume. Brakes on the drive shaft is a win, win buddy.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
B&M fab makes footloops which allow more room. I have them on my 11 pro, love them.

H
Feb 16, 2009
Well the doo's sure aren't getting that power to the track. The T3 174 in our group is a trench monster and doesn't even come close when climbing against the 164 2.6 axys. Just doesn't make track speed.

T3 horseshoe to tree!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy is 100% right , seen him ride whistler a couple times when it was nipple deep .... Not knee or waist deep .
So all you guys trying to compare stats.. "like well the doo has more floatation " 16" track ... Guess what it is a hinderance , robs to much power
Why do you think doo needs an 850 with more power ?
To turn that track .
That's why my 13 pro with a 2.6 track will mostly beat any t3s any day .
Ya that's right in the real deep pow climbing ! Not some set up mud .
Oh are we even going to talk about fuel economy ??? In mountain sledding
They all drink fuel when your w/o going 2 kmh in deep pow.
Hp + weight +fun = huge fuel No way around this one .
I'm not bashing doo they are a realy fun reliable sled .

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It isn't the 16 inch track. It is the length and width of their running boards plus their fat body that drag in the snow. Skidoo always climbed great but it is when it's really deep, like your talking, that it really shows up. They have enough power to turn the track just fine. More traction more ground speed. When they drag in deep snow they lose both and start trenching. Xm's don't crawl up on the snow like an axys.

R
Feb 29, 2016
You my friend must have small feet. My feet get stuck in the small footwell's of my Pro alot. You should probly try the other two rather than just assume. Brakes on the drive shaft is a win, win buddy.

Actually I wear size 14 Klim boots for riding, biggest size they make I think...

I have ridden all three, Cat Doo XM and my old Pro last spring before deciding the Pro was the best. Funny thing is, the Axys is a whole lot better yet...

Here I am trying all three smart guy...

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
SLP says that on their Dyno, Cat was about one h.p. up on Polaris, and Polaris and ski-doo were dead even. Those numbers in the one-fifties from Dyotech on the Polaris were with an ECU that was in break-in mode. The "special ECU from Polaris" was simply one that was no longer in break in mode.

B
Oct 29, 2016
doo 850 and axys

What sled do you guys feel will stay on the snow better, and not trench?

Cant decide whether to get ski doo 850 163 3.0 or axys 155 2.6?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
What sled do you guys feel will stay on the snow better, and not trench?

Cant decide whether to get ski doo 850 163 3.0 or axys 155 2.6?

The axys gets up on the snow very well. Almost like gravity doesn't apply to it. I bet the 850 will do really well, better than the t3 for sure.
At this point my guess would be the axys would still be better at getting up on the snow.

Last edited:
Premium Features