• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Polaris Axys Vrs skidoo T3 ?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
7c53ba7de20e2937dea0d5a0c48cf4b2.jpg

Equal opportunity stucks. :)
10' off the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
SMF, that's funny stuff. Cause every Doo rider I know is either gay, an idiot, or both!

Looks like I struck a nerve with two Doo riders! Wonder which category they fit into (that was so offensive to them) that they felt compelled to give me a Bad rating? Not that I really care, I just find it funny and proves my point. May the bro-mance continue on the overpriced, re-colored Sanford and Son couch's with updated casters (Doo; XP, XM, T3).

The rest of us will keep our d!cks in our pants and ride, Polaris.

Last edited:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Found myself with a gaggle of T3 74s on my 63 2.6. Early I found myself riding lines the T3s wouldn't touch (but probably could with a more willing rider). Later in the day fatigue set in and I was a disaster out there. But that's a result of girly-man arms and no saddle time.

To be honest it almost feels like two different styles of riding (still) with the Axys requiring a far more active riding style that rewards the upper echelon of those with real riding ability and the T3 allowing those with maybe less athleticism/ability to go places their riding wouldn't otherwise allow them. (longest sentence ever?)

End of the day both are very good and capable sleds. I have a hunch those who are able to really push a sled are going to prefer the Axys (by a long shot) to the T3. Those who may be looking for an easier ride with less top end performance is well suited to the T3.

Truth is most riders (myself included) won't even come close to touching the true abilities of either sled...

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
T3 vs axys

I've waited a while to post on the subject but now that sleds r broke in here it goes.
Axys is a huge improvement over the pro! Both in weight,handling,floating,etc. The sled gets on top of the snow better than the T3, its snappier then the T3 and a touch more predictable.
The lighter crank and the lighter weight of the sled along with the 3" track gives you an illusion of a higher horse power motor. If I was to guess it might have a couple more hp but not much more than the pro. At 9,000 ft yesterday in 3ft of fresh powder when climbing it just doesn't have the torque of the Doo or 16" footprint . It was taching fine but doesn't have the grunt when it gets steep. That being said it is a great improvement and a great sled.
The T3 163 is a great sled as well, it rolls onto an edge much easier, it takes less effort to ride. It will out climb the Axys although it's heavier, wider, etc
It has more torque and is more forgiving in the trees. Both sleds r clutched well and set up well. Swapping back and forth all day was a blast on either. But the Doo still has the high mark over Axys. As far as sidehilling and tree riding I can put either wherever I want easily. The Doo will sidehill with the Axys and comes down to rider ability. Now the Doo 174 is in a class of its own. Put a Trygstad 872 in the 174 and it's to a whole other level. I do own all so this as unbiased as it gets.
The 174 872 is my preference
Soon to come an Axys turbo kit (needs more power at elevation)
My .02

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
Ghost rider. I have the same sleds minus the doo 74. I am torn on which is the best sled as well and enjoy throwing a leg over either sled.

With all the chit talking about 163 Axys out climbing the T3 163 and even 174 I need to see the video. The Axys gets the jump, but my T3 runs it down in about a 100 ft. Granted I am still working on clutching and feel there is a lot of room left on the Axys but the etec just lays the power down.

More snow and more testing coming next week.

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
To be honest it almost feels like two different styles of riding (still) with the Axys requiring a far more active riding style that rewards the upper echelon of those with real riding ability and the T3 allowing those with maybe less athleticism/ability to go places their riding wouldn't otherwise allow them. (longest sentence ever?)

End of the day both are very good and capable sleds. I have a hunch those who are able to really push a sled are going to prefer the Axys (by a long shot) to the T3. Those who may be looking for an easier ride with less top end performance is well suited to the T3.

Truth is most riders (myself included) won't even come close to touching the true abilities of either sled...

Exactly what I have been saying for years. There is no one sled that is best for every rider. Some guys love the technical riding and others prefer more open areas; or at least a bunch of outs when we run out of talent in the middle of something we never should have attempted in the first place.:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-ton Riding the sled that matches the riders needs and abilities is what makes for a great day of mountain riding.:face-icon-small-coo

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
The T3 163 is a great sled as well, it rolls onto an edge much easier, it takes less effort to ride. It will out climb the Axys

looks like we have a winner.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Axys requiring a far more active riding style that rewards the upper echelon of those with real riding ability and the T3 allowing those with maybe less athleticism/ability to go places their riding wouldn't otherwise allow them. (longest sentence ever?)

[/QUOTE]

...interesting sentence/statement. Soooo you must be a "upper echelon" rider to ride the Axys, whereas the "less athletic" should stick with the T3?

...I own both, don't try to BS me, you sound like Hillary Clinton trying to justify her run to the presidency.

Ace

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
Powder was headlight deep bottomless kind Christmas Eve. We had 3 T3 163's and 2 Axys 163's 2.6. I rode my Axys and my T3 that was there and managed to get them both stuck. I'd say they were about dead even with me riding them.

That said, the other Axys belongs to a 10 year veteran of hill climb racing and he never got stuck, but experience goes along way in this sport.

Still like them both. I'd recommend people own both if they can. This idea of a whip out contest is entertaining to read, but just not convinced either sled is the hands down winner.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've waited a while to post on the subject but now that sleds r broke in here it goes.
Axys is a huge improvement over the pro! Both in weight,handling,floating,etc. The sled gets on top of the snow better than the T3, its snappier then the T3 and a touch more predictable.
The lighter crank and the lighter weight of the sled along with the 3" track gives you an illusion of a higher horse power motor. If I was to guess it might have a couple more hp but not much more than the pro. At 9,000 ft yesterday in 3ft of fresh powder when climbing it just doesn't have the torque of the Doo or 16" footprint . It was taching fine but doesn't have the grunt when it gets steep. That being said it is a great improvement and a great sled.
The T3 163 is a great sled as well, it rolls onto an edge much easier, it takes less effort to ride. It will out climb the Axys although it's heavier, wider, etc
It has more torque and is more forgiving in the trees. Both sleds r clutched well and set up well. Swapping back and forth all day was a blast on either. But the Doo still has the high mark over Axys. As far as sidehilling and tree riding I can put either wherever I want easily. The Doo will sidehill with the Axys and comes down to rider ability. Now the Doo 174 is in a class of its own. Put a Trygstad 872 in the 174 and it's to a whole other level. I do own all so this as unbiased as it gets.
The 174 872 is my preference
Soon to come an Axys turbo kit (needs more power at elevation)
My .02

I've ridden both enough that I can't agree with that, by proxy. Lol
I'll explain.
Rode my buddies 2014 XM last year (not a T3). Felt heavy in the front. Could not carve like I could on my own Pro (which doesnt handle as well as the Axys). Took a bunch of old fashioned body effort and counter steering.
I know the Ski Doo riding position is much different than Polaris. Didn't have enough time on it to get a smooth carve.

Last edited:
G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
T3

The T3 is the highly improved XP like the Axys is the improved Pro. To compare either to the older model just doesn't do it justice. I'm lucky enough to ride both every week. Yesterday in 3ft of new I'm glad I had Trgstad 872 174, oh wait my brother rode it all day while I rode the Axys 163. The Axys was fun and I finally set it up to my liking and enjoyed the day. But watching the 872 blow by me like I was standing still definetly made me appreciate that sled even more. If u get a chance to own one or throw your leg over a Trygstad take the chance.

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
IMG_6427.jpg
The T3 is the highly improved XP like the Axys is the improved Pro. To compare either to the older model just doesn't do it justice. I'm lucky enough to ride both every week. Yesterday in 3ft of new I'm glad I had Trgstad 872 174, oh wait my brother rode it all day while I rode the Axys 163. The Axys was fun and I finally set it up to my liking and enjoyed the day. But watching the 872 blow by me like I was standing still definetly made me appreciate that sled even more. If u get a chance to own one or throw your leg over a Trygstad take the chance.
added a pic for you ghost rider great ride yesterday :)

Last edited:
Premium Features