• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjustable limiter strap on T3

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Found some time to install Doo's new adjustable limiter strap kit on my
154 T3

Had my doubts at first but looks like some thought went into its design... It appears to give you about two holes worth of adjustment on a stock limiter strap and takes all of maybe two seconds to switch from long to short.

The install itself is fairly involved, I would say that removal of the skid would be recommended (especially when installing on a '15 or prior which requires replacement of the front arm). BRP claims a 45 minute install (ya right...!) and also suggests a dealer-only installation (no surprise)

Looking forward to doing some testing in all this new snow that has fallen in BC within the next couple days and I will report back!

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
does it look like it will hold up? from the pics i have seen, it looks like too much plastic garbage on it. does the knob on the outside of the tunnel get in the way?

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
I think it will hold up. The design is quite clever actually, the linkage that controls the cam (an over-center device) which tightens or slackens the added limiter strap is actually sprung internally; you make your selection (either long or short) but it won't actually effect a change until the suspension is at least slightly unloaded. This way nothing is getting forced which was my original concern.

Looking forward to giving it some abuse soon. Like most of us I'm pretty sure the 154 3" will be a bit of a wheelie machine so hopefully this item will help.

The knob/control itself is quite streamlined, I don't think it will get in the way.

I will post up some pics when I get a chance.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i had a 2013 154 with the stock 2.5 track. that thing was a wheelie machine. i sucked the strap up hole and got some heavy duty torsion springs. that helped out alot, but i still found myself out of control going uphill in technical situations. maybe i better rider would have more of a grasp on things. i get a little "throttle happy" when i get in sticky situations.....and i wouldnt consider myself a good rider. so like i said, maybe someone with more self control will do better on the 154. maybe the adjustable strap will be a benefit.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I had mine installed by the dealer on my snowcheck before I picked her up. Looking forward to trying her out when the snow gets a little deeper. Or should I say, when it at least snows.

I like the looks of the design and thought behind it. Could be a very good investment if it does what it's advertised to do.

B
Oct 23, 2012
Abbotsford, BC
At first i was not impressed with this kit, wished I didn't get it installed. Finally got out in good snow today in Blue River, kit is awesome. Tons of fun, sled will now trench and keep clawing way better than before, can't decide if I like it better for side hilling or not.

Can really notice a difference climbing. Had the opportunity to pull the same hill in fresh snow a few times today in both settings.

The little rubber nob you use to adjust it seems cheesy, Ill be surprised fi that thing last the season.

S
Jan 1, 2008
At first i was not impressed with this kit, wished I didn't get it installed. Finally got out in good snow today in Blue River, kit is awesome. Tons of fun, sled will now trench and keep clawing way better than before, can't decide if I like it better for side hilling or not.

Can really notice a difference climbing. Had the opportunity to pull the same hill in fresh snow a few times today in both settings.

The little rubber nob you use to adjust it seems cheesy, Ill be surprised fi that thing last the season.

Have this kit sitting on the bench, undecided as to whether I should install it on my 16' FR 146 or not. Did you install yours so the OEM setting was the Long setting and 2 holes sucked up was the Short setting?

How do the two settings contrast each other in deep powder? On hills? On trail?

royd

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
bc- you say the sled will now trench? I'm assuming trenching vs. skis to the sky is what you were after?

R
Oct 10, 2014
So I just dropped my sled back off to the dealer to get the kit added. Also added the heave duty springs in the skid. Im hoping this will keep it from trenching out as bad and pushing it up on top of the snow!

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
I had posted some comments on the 154 T3 thread about the adjustable limiter strap kit.

I am very happy with it so far.

I have it set up so that "long" is stock and "short" is stock minus one hole. Seems like a good compromise.

Not sure what to think of all the trenching comments, the sled definitely likes to wheelie but it claws it's way where ever you want to go.

Premium Features