• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best rear bumper

B
Oct 31, 2010
Got a yamaha viper bumper for mine, 80$ cdn msrp, will install it this week, im expecting 1.5hr work. What i like is That it protects the bottom edge so it doesnt become all wavy

EA5A5705-E6D5-4D72-963E-D47F2B907709_zpscb4ow3fx.jpg

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
B&M...any updates on your rear bumper availability.

I've been leaning towards the Skinz Dan Adams one, but a person literally cannot buy one right now...they are sold out everywhere and nobody knows when they will get them in stock...personally, I am put off by their lack of product on the market and am looking to go a different route for a rear bumper.

Anyone actually received a rear bumper for the Axys that sits down on the edges of the tunnel to help protect that lip????????????????

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

I've been leaning towards the Skinz Dan Adams one, but a person literally cannot buy one right now...they are sold out everywhere and nobody knows when they will get them in stock...personally, I am put off by their lack of product on the market and am looking to go a different route for a rear bumper.

Anyone actually received a rear bumper for the Axys that sits down on the edges of the tunnel to help protect that lip????????????????

Cat bumper?

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com

Nobody has gotten ANY as they haven't arrived yet. Brand new chassis and a company the size of Skinz have so many project going on that it take time. Last I heard they were done and getting ready to ship.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
isled208.com

Check these custom bumpers out. They will build with or without tunnel support. Have seen them on axys already and they look awesome.

Ran one on my pro last year and it worked great.

10523170_810167739044333_7017507877501935785_n.jpg

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com

Ours will sit down on that rolled lip to protect it. Not just cover it but fit the radius of the factory bend to reinforce it. I will stay as late as I have to at the shop this weekend to get these ironed out and get pictures up.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Ours will sit down on that rolled lip to protect it. Not just cover it but fit the radius of the factory bend to reinforce it. I will stay as late as I have to at the shop this weekend to get these ironed out and get pictures up.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I will be ordering one of yours whenever its available. The rear lip is very vulnerable to bending with out a bumper to support it. Looking forward to it!

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
e6f3fad4e9cf950840a53305491e2215.jpg

Ok. Rough edit here. Will be made from 1/8" aluminum sheet (5052). Press braked lower edge will match the radius of the tunnel lip. 1-1/4" cross tube welded in. Also will have a rib pressed out on the side plate to allow the bumper to sit flat on the tunnel side and not sit crooked over the lip from the cooler edge. Plates are on the way from laser cutting. Bumper will be on our site to order in the next couple days. 155 at the moment, I'll verify perfect fitment here on a 155 and revise for the 163 as soon as the plates get here and order them for the long sled.

uploadfromtaptalk1448302166704.jpg

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
e6f3fad4e9cf950840a53305491e2215.jpg

Ok. Rough edit here. Will be made from 1/8" aluminum sheet (5052). Press braked lower edge will match the radius of the tunnel lip. 1-1/4" cross tube welded in. Also will have a rib pressed out on the side plate to allow the bumper to sit flat on the tunnel side and not sit crooked over the lip from the cooler edge. Plates are on the way from laser cutting. Bumper will be on our site to order in the next couple days. 155 at the moment, I'll verify perfect fitment here on a 155 and revise for the 163 as soon as the plates get here and order them for the long sled.

I think this is exactly what the rear tunnels need for added support. The prototype you showed me at your shop looks great! The 2016 tunnels are tapered less than the 13-15's and they needed support so this should be a great product. On some aftermarket parts I don't even mind if things weigh more than stock if it saves my pocket book and missed riding time (from a bent tunnel) in the long run. Please put me on your waiting list!

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I ordered two of the Isled rear bumpers with the tunnel support. I saw them at the snow show in Boise and was very impressed by them. Much better and thicker than the Polaris Ultimate bumpers.....that I returned.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Another pic of ours. Did my personal sled in highlighter yellow so its easier to see the bumper geometry. we also offer a tunnel brace that works with the factory bumper. the side supports match the factory edge.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Another pic of ours. Did my personal sled in highlighter yellow so its easier to see the bumper geometry. we also offer a tunnel brace that works with the factory bumper. the side supports match the factory edge.

FYI. Your website is down as of the time of this post.

Premium Features