• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New after market AXYS RMK parts at Haydays

Rbott

Lifetime Membership
Sep 11, 2012
Vermont
As for skid plates: RPM Composites has a nice carbon fiber three piece for both the PRO Chassis and the AXYS Chassis that covers everything, literally.

The RPM Composites AXYS Skidplate is for the trail sled only at this point. Hopefully he can get an RMK or SKS AXYS sled soon to get a plate made for them! I run one on my AXYS Switchback with the Polaris Ultimate Bumper. I want the same setup on my SKS that should be on its way any day now......

http://www.rpmcomposites.com/polaris.html

Ryan

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
Looks like you could use it to haul snow for building a kicker......
Should hold about 10# after the first 10 minutes.
And then you can keep it with you all day. :)

Could probably haul firewood in there too.

Yeah, I thought the Dan Adams one on my Pro was bad, but this one is far worse.

Looks cool though!

Hope the mtn. one is a bit more minimal.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Any details on the foot-well loop mod??

attachment.php

7E57456D-3671-4F3B-97C1-5EA828ED4D49_zpsqit8jilm.jpg

Stocker for comparison

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Is this safer "foot loop" supplied with your boards... or are you planning on offering it as an upgrade for an otherwise stock AXYS?

Looks like you slice off the stock loop.. insert the upper end of your loop into the the steering hoop bolt-hole... and bolt it to the double bolt flange that connects the running board to the rear-overstructure???

This would also be a great product to offer for the PRO-RIDE!!

Something the owner could simply do, with the sled mostly assembled.

This would be a HUGE improvement to the safety of this chassis compared to the factory configuration... and would, IMO, sell like hot-cakes!!

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
GREAT NEW PRODUCT!! SAFER IS BETTER!!

Sign me up Bryan...

IMO... this is a big deal on the AXYS... even more so than the PRO-RIDE...

Lots of people that had knee injuries because of this.

I see your's is welded... but could be a "bolt on".

What holds your "Safe Loop" into the upper hole where the overstructure bolts to the tunnel?

Is there a hook shape that engages the hole in the overstructure tube?

attachment.php

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
VERY interested in this as well! Don't see the need to upgrade the boards, but a bolt on version of the toe loop would be awesome!!

After having a severely broken and dislocated ankle and subsequent $22K surgery, as well as being dragged on 2 other occasions, i can say for a FACT that this is an issue that needs some attention. Sure thought the genius engineers at Polaris would have fixed this on the new chassis, but nooooooo.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
After suffering a severely sprained knee last year due to my foot not releasing from the footwell, i would want a set for my 12.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
This will definitely help on broken feet and messed up knees! Also will allow for larger boots to fit in. You do have to cut off the factory Tube and tab, this new design is beautiful and I am ready to get them on!

Just another person waiting for his goodies! For me stock boards do not work and these are a must!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I would buy the foot loop mod. For the axys.

I would buy this as well. Any pricing yet? Thanks for doing the development on this. I wouldn't be surprised if the manufacture didn't change this on future sleds. Its scary getting your foot caught in the loop when it rolls.
Wait...I can nether confirm or deny that I've ever gotten my foot stuck in my sled while getting bucked off hitting a stump and getting dragged down the hill lol.

Last edited:

sledneck322

Premium Member
Sep 26, 2013
ADK's
Myself and entire crew would buy a mod for the footwell loop. I can't believe it is tighter on the Axys because it was horrible on the Pro's even with my Klim Adrenaline boots which are smaller in size. PLEASE make a bolt on mod.

Premium Features