• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ON-THE-SNOW RIDE IMPRESSIONS: 2016 AXYS-PRO RMK ... OUR DAY IN APINE WYO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
Nov 14, 2013
I don't think the approach angle changed at all. I asked them about that. The front end is taller, the plastic is pulled in tighter out of the way but the suspension mounting hole in the front is lowered and the drop brackets are taller. Different arms on the suspension.

This I am curious about, for modding the pro to have an axys like chassis, hopefully without a drop and roll.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Hey I did my best! Lol

You did excellent! I was just commenting that it would be premature to post anything conclusively at this point. I applaude your effort and it makes an excellent visual for the progression of the new chassis.

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
will the new seats be interchangeable? Just bought a new skinz seat for my 14 pro

Looking at the pics the hoop are mounting bracket looks longer, and the tank looks deeper. The seat itself might be the same tho. If your skinz seat has a frame to it it might be to short. But you could get longer carriage bolts and some spacers and make up the difference.

Last edited:
F

fullboredragon

Mar 24, 2009
You did excellent! I was just commenting that it would be premature to post anything conclusively at this point. I applaude your effort and it makes an excellent visual for the progression of the new chassis.

I agree, she's defiantly not to scale!

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
Fog

One thing I forgot and never seen anybody talking about was a function like Doo has on the ETec motors to fog them come summer, do you guys know if these are going to have that function??

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
One thing I forgot and never seen anybody talking about was a function like Doo has on the ETec motors to fog them come summer, do you guys know if these are going to have that function??

That's a great point. And they could market it. But if they were going to do it, they probably would have started with the Rush Axys this year. Perhaps they'll adopt the "our motors are so tough now they don't need no stink'in fog'in". If the pro wasn't a pain to fog, at least without airbox mods, more would probably do it. Using full synth as a substitute for fogging oil is another topic. (Full disclosure - I do own an etec, and use the 'fogging' option. Up until this year, with the now discontinuted synth blend or pure Legend dino. It works. And still get +2 years on a set of plugs.)

They did improve the ease of changing the fuel filter abit with the 13's, at least by accident, if not on purpose.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Did you notice how much different is this mountain chassis compared to the short track axys.

Many thing have been adapted to make It a real mountain chassis,, not just a long tracked sled.

Pretty much everything except Front bulkhead and motor is different. Different front end, different angles, different suspension. The angles are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Not sure about bulkhead even. Maybe someone asked?

Could be just tunnel is different but I pretty sure the jackshaft runs though the tunnel on the short track.
Glad they didn't take that route for us.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Pretty much everything except Front bulkhead and motor is different. Different front end, different angles, different suspension. The angles are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the bulkhead went to a one piece instead of the split design of the Pro. I could be wrong but thought one of you mentioned that.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I've found it kind of odd that Polaris seems to be so quiet since the release last week. Seems like we've talked about all we can talk about already. I was kind of thinking Polaris would start putting out some teasers for what else is in store just to keep the keyboard jockeys chattering

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I've found it kind of odd that Polaris seems to be so quiet since the release last week. Seems like we've talked about all we can talk about already. I was kind of thinking Polaris would start putting out some teasers for what else is in store just to keep the keyboard jockeys chattering

I was thinking the same thing. Where are the videos of people tearing up the new RMK (Burandt, Sahan, Adams, Snowest members)? I figured we would see a couple of those by now to keep up the hype.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
I was thinking the same thing. Where are the videos of people tearing up the new RMK (Burandt, Sahan, Adams, Snowest members)? I figured we would see a couple of those by now to keep up the hype.

Not sure but I think this may be a "secret" vid of the Terrain Dominator version with Burandt riding it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKJIbaEKa3o ; some awesome sidehilling at 2:41

Marketing folks at Poo must be smiling.

Last edited:
D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
The real question we should be asking is not weight, handlebar width, track lug size, approach angle, oil consumption, horsepower, and flickability but instead, "Will our wives allow us to buy one?"

I'm switching to Supertech 2 stroke oil and turning the oil pump down to 100:1 cuz wife said I can only get one when my current Pro blows up or something to that effect. Anybody want to buy the oil reservoir vent kit from my Pro? I need to go back to a stock cap and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
PART 3: ON-THE-SNOW RIDE IMPRESSIONS: 2016 AXYS-PRO RMK ... OUR DAY IN APINE ...

The real question we should be asking is not weight, handlebar width, track lug size, approach angle, oil consumption, horsepower, and flickability but instead, "Will our wives allow us to buy one?"

I'm switching to Supertech 2 stroke oil and turning the oil pump down to 100:1 cuz wife said I can only get one when my current Pro blows up or something to that effect. Anybody want to buy the oil reservoir vent kit from my Pro? I need to go back to a stock cap and hope for the best.

Up the insurance and ride late spring.

I have two pro's to sell to pay for a new axys. :)

And gladly.

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
I doubt I'll add much to 3 different threads of posts on this new machine. But, I also had the opportunity to ride the sled for a few hours a couple weeks ago. I believe Polaris keeps moving forward. It will likely be the most capable sled I've ever ridden in the mountains. It is impressive! The first thing I noticed was the increased HP, compared to my Pro. It gets up on the snow like nothing I've ever been on. Higher center of gravity makes it even more sidehillable, with less drag from the running boards and plastic, as they are up out of the snow. I can't wait to own one and ride it in some deep pow! I am excited for March 2nd to see the other options they kept secret from us. I can't wait to get my hands on it to improve it's manners to match my desired riding style.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I doubt I'll add much to 3 different threads of posts on this new machine. But, I also had the opportunity to ride the sled for a few hours a couple weeks ago. I believe Polaris keeps moving forward. It will likely be the most capable sled I've ever ridden in the mountains. It is impressive! The first thing I noticed was the increased HP, compared to my Pro. It gets up on the snow like nothing I've ever been on. Higher center of gravity makes it even more sidehillable, with less drag from the running boards and plastic, as they are up out of the snow. I can't wait to own one and ride it in some deep pow! I am excited for March 2nd to see the other options they kept secret from us. I can't wait to get my hands on it to improve it's manners to match my desired riding style.

And I can't stop saying "Bro", bro.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
So serious question, and in no way trolling but, with the increased HP of the Axys why do they not seem to be pulling as much clutch weight as the pro motor? I'm comparing a broken in 15 Axys 137 to a 155 pro. All things being equal, I'm seeing a 2 gram difference. There definitely seems to be more bottom end/mid range, but up top????

PV

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I was under the impression the OEM 2015 Axys was also pulling a softer finish in the primary spring, and spinning higher RPMs. Just what I saw somewhere. Haven't ridden one.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Heres a side by side, its easier to see the difference i thought... notice how much thinner the tunnel is in the back. how much higher the nose pan is. and how much more of the track where it comes off the drivers u can see.

tried to scale the two as much as possible. its close if you look at the skid mounting dimensions, they are only out by a few decimals.

Attachments

• pro vs axys.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features