• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowy's....best one stop shop?

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Lookin to take a trip out there since it seems they have some of the best snow....where can you stay, gas, eat and ride? Don't wanna trailer to and from riding, don't wanna have to haul in gas....we have been spoiled by togowotee, Cooke and west yellerstone. Anywhere that fits the bill?

M
Nov 27, 2007
Lookin to take a trip out there since it seems they have some of the best snow....where can you stay, gas, eat and ride? Don't wanna trailer to and from riding, don't wanna have to haul in gas....we have been spoiled by togowotee, Cooke and west yellerstone. Anywhere that fits the bill?

albany lodge

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I know you don't want to trailer, but we like to stay at the Old Coral. It's a short truck ride. Gas is right next door and fantastic food/bar next to that. Albany is a haul on your sled to the good riding. The only advantage IMO to staying in Albany is if it's windy.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Check out the places on the west side too. Medicine Bow lodge, Rendezvous, and The Place may have some/all what you are looking for. I am not sure what the status is on each if them for this year, hopefully others will chime in.

J

jds

Mar 13, 2008
duluth mn.
We stayed at rendezvous lodge last year. Great place had gas, food, and a small bar. We are staying there again this year. Road from the cabin/ motel room a couple mi up the trail and were in some great powder. Have fun. It's a great place to stay and ride

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Google...

Ryan Park WY

Rendezvous lodge

or..........

www.rendezvouslodge.net

:face-icon-small-win

Riiiiiiiight...... I was talkin about the place, called The Place.

Check out the places on the west side too. Medicine Bow lodge, Rendezvous, and The Place may have some/all what you are looking for. I am not sure what the status is on each if them for this year, hopefully others will chime in.

Gotmud

Lifetime Membership
Sep 24, 2008
I'll second Tenn Mile Inn. I've stayed there a couple times, actually just got back from there. Snow is awesome right now!!

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
Rendevous has the food and gas, 10 Mile is my favorite place to stay but no food except frozen pizza unless you bring it and cook yourself, full kitchen and grill is available there and they are SUPER people, Rendevous lodge is only 2 miles away and has a resturant, and there is bar food across the road from 10 mile. I have stayed at Rondevous a couple of times and it is nice also. I don't think you can go wrong in that area. Albany Lodge is on the other side of the hill and is very good also ( just got back from there yesterday) but its a 20 mile ride to good pow over the top, i guess it just depends on if you want to drive an extra 1.5 hrs in the truck coming from the east or ride the trails 20 miles each way. When we take ours wives we stay on the east side and when we don't we save the sled gas for the pow.

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN

Albany lodge is normally where we stay, They have great food and drinks, The rooms are decent, And when we wreck stuff they will let us pull our sleds right into the shop and fix them and most of the time they have parts on hand. They have even borrowed us parts off wrecked rentals at no charge. Ted the bar manager is awesome. It is 26 miles to get to the top from the lodge. if you take the T trail up. But Like said before if it's windy we will cut south torwards wycolo lodge. They closed down. Some of the guys are little slower to get going not morning people so they will meet us up top and just trailer theres up. and also we have a 225 gal fuel tank in the truck that. get hauled to the top so we have fuel on hand. The rendevuos is pretty decent too but it's a couple more hours of drive time since you have to get to the other side of the mountain. and the bar normally closes around 10pm and now that Hanna no longer works there, It's not as fun of place as it used to be.

NRHS

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2012
Firestone, CO
I too recommend Albany Lodge. They are great folks who treat snowmobilers like royalty plus they are the ones who do the grooming so it is nice to help pay them back for their service.

Premium Features