• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What do I need?

D
Jan 20, 2012
Seattle, WA.
Hi. I'm somewhat new to this forum and to Ski-Doo for that matter. I recently bought a used 2004 Ski-Doo Summit 800 HMX with about 2350 miles on it. I want to get into the turbo game. I'm joining the military so the sled is going to sit for a while but with that being said I can start buying and collecting parts while I'm in. So for one, is it hard to turbo a two stroke snowmobile? I usually ride in the 4500+ elevation area. I've had a couple people tell me to just save your money and buy a new sled but to be honest I love the REV chassis. I've ridden newer XP's, Pro's and sure they might have more power and have more cool gismo's on board but I like the REV chassis and the way it looks/handles.

So with all that being said where should I start?

The motor is pretty much bone stock besides an aftermarket can.

I figure I should get the clutching and big wheel kit out of the way first along with a new 159" track?

Then what would come next? I don't know what size turbo to run, jetting, etc. So maybe like a shopping list of what I'd need? This will be a long term build so I'm in no rush to go out and buy parts.

I also leave April 4th for boot camp so I won't be buying parts any time soon.:usa2:

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
I guess I don't understand why you would put all of that money into an old sled with miles, when you could just buy a newer sled with plenty of power and it would be way more reliable for the same money

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Btw, thank you for your service. I think your forthcoming reprogramming will show you the light with this project, or atleast I hope so....

G
Apr 23, 2008
Bryce at turbo performance will hook you up well..

I have a rev 800 turbo lake racer myself thats been my favorite 800 since 2004..Ive had the xp 800 turbo and was unhappy with its power and durability.

We tore the jackshaft tower out 2 times even with the brace it pulled the rivets out..

the old HO and NON ho are awsome soild engine for boost. the rev chassis is by far stronger too.. it would be nice to hang xp plastics on the rev..

Give bryce a call they will get you all the components you need..

fwiw,, Ours runs every pass down the lake at 24-29 psi without even a chipped reed since 2005...I love that little muther trucker !!!

Gus
\\

you can email directly at gus.bohne@comcast.net..do not use this site to contact me. it will not go thru...

I can send you some candids of the little killer

D
Jan 20, 2012
Seattle, WA.
Bryce at turbo performance will hook you up well..

I have a rev 800 turbo lake racer myself thats been my favorite 800 since 2004..Ive had the xp 800 turbo and was unhappy with its power and durability.

We tore the jackshaft tower out 2 times even with the brace it pulled the rivets out..

the old HO and NON ho are awsome soild engine for boost. the rev chassis is by far stronger too.. it would be nice to hang xp plastics on the rev..

Give bryce a call they will get you all the components you need..

fwiw,, Ours runs every pass down the lake at 24-29 psi without even a chipped reed since 2005...I love that little muther trucker !!!

Gus
\\

you can email directly at gus.bohne@comcast.net..do not use this site to contact me. it will not go thru...

I can send you some candids of the little killer

Yes please do!

G
Apr 23, 2008
get a set of reed assembelies from high perf engineering, they have the complete units WITH BOOT attached from the older 600 ho carb sled or the sdi if you need big boots for the 40mm mikunis

double up the reeds with a set bought from same place,, all done brand new for 300 bux !! you cant beat that price...

use the NON ho cylinders if you have them..better bottom end response.

get your head machined for removeable domes from the crankshop. 250 bux and get sea level pump domes..

Wisecos ONLY No other piston will live and they will never wreck your turbine if you melt one...
Run them at stock claerance, .oo5 max !!! any more clearance and you roll the dome edges from excessive rocking.. follow the old wives tale of warming it up if you want, or be like us and take your 65 degree coolant and hit it full power !!! not even the teflon skirt coating is worn on ours !!like new..

The folks on the dragon turbos that have switched are loving them like I do..

use the highest RVP race fuel you can find in the 114 motor octane family if you go into the 20's for boost... Low RVP makes for poor atomization and vaporization in cold temps,, most dont care or know this and wonder why they ruin engines with the wrong race fuels...

have a blast..

you will need at least 30 gram pins..we use 75 gram levers and 33 gram pins..you need a real turbo to move real amounts of air...lol

Premium Features