• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Ride on my turbo performance xp

M
Jul 13, 2011
Sutter, Cali
All i can say is wow. I cant believe how dead on everything is. I didnt even have to change any jetting. just turned the power jets a little and got it pretty much dialed. Went out for what i thought would be a long day of wrenching and i didnt even have to touch any tools. put 40 miles on it yesterday. Major props to Bryce and the boys at turbo performance for a true bolt on system.

liv2play

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2009
utah
My kit is carbed....and most likely motoxracers is as well... dont know for sure, but the etech kit is just getting out. Looks to be a sweet set up as well. Turbo performance is a great set up to deal with.

M
Jul 13, 2011
Sutter, Cali
yup mines carbed. i just put another 50 miles on it again today. sled is ripping. So much fun to ride. Only issue ive had is the grommet that i put in the fuel tank for the return broke and i started smelling gas. return line came out. I just jammed the hose into the hole and rode the rest of the day haha. Im pretty sure the grommet breaking was my fault because i drilled the hole too small and jammed the fitting in. All ive had to do is drop the main jet one size and its dead on. I still cant get over the fact of how awesome this kit is.

P
Mar 3, 2010
how much boost? do you run an ebc? do you play with your boost or fuel much? i am too relly considering the turboboys garret kit, just wondering how much time you spend under the hood while riding in different temps-elevations. Im riding anywhere from unload at2000 ft to 8000-9000 at the top. So just wondering what you have noticed with adjusting boost to altitude-temp and what not.

M
Jul 13, 2011
Sutter, Cali
how much boost? do you run an ebc? do you play with your boost or fuel much? i am too relly considering the turboboys garret kit, just wondering how much time you spend under the hood while riding in different temps-elevations. Im riding anywhere from unload at2000 ft to 8000-9000 at the top. So just wondering what you have noticed with adjusting boost to altitude-temp and what not.

i havent played with the boost yet. it sits around 7 psi as is. all ive had to do is open the side panel and turn the powerjets a little. its dialed now for 7500 ft. i leave the parking lot at 5500 ft and ride it up to 7500 without touching anything. i would call bryce over there at turbo boyz and he will tell you straight. you wont be disappointed

T
Jul 21, 2008
www.turboboyz.com
Turbo XP

Give us a call and we can answer any questions you might have.

Thanks

Josh

B
Dec 13, 2007
NE Oregon
I have a 09 xp with TP Garret kit and probably 5-600 miles on it this year. The lowest I unloaded was 3000' and I ride up to 8200' my jetting is 320 mains, 12 pilots, stock needle in stock location with powerjets at 1 1/2 turns out. I also run 100% 110 race gas with good afr from the parking lot to the top of the mountain with no adjustments. I run 7-8 psi boost until I get up high then I turn it up. I mounted the boost controller on my handlebar riser so I don't have to open the panels, in fact the only time I open the panels is to put oil in it and the turbo, adjust my belt and blow the clutch out. Thats what I was looking for when I bought the kit and so far that is what I got, pull the rope and ride, thank god!:face-icon-small-hap

snowlovers

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Utah and Meeker Colo.
wish mine would run

i too have a turbo installed by turbo performance, runs lousy. First had bad run on, was told to take out the spring in the bov. Yep no run on, also no boost NADA. Called and finally Josh called back and said no put the spring back and lengthen the arm on the turbo dump. Said he would call back and did'nt. So put the spring back in have 1 or 2 # boost with run on, runs like crap, my 08 stock
xp runs circles around it, still waiting on that call back 2 weeks now.

OH almost forgot. 1 08 turboed sled for sale pm for details...........

liv2play

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2009
utah
Snowlovers..... give us some details about your sled and elevation your trying to dial it in at....turbo size?.. jetting? how much boost? clutching?. There are a few people on this site that can really help you if you want the help figuring out your sled. My sled had run on at first... trimmed the spring up and that helped a little bit, then it was mentioned to pick up a lighter spring from ace hardware and try it. I did and wammo.. no more run on. A dialed in xp with boost is super fun. Hopefully you get yours figured out.

M
Jul 13, 2011
Sutter, Cali
i trimmed my spring but it didnt change much. i just have to let off the throttle fast or chop it and it works. The run on isnt bad though. I never thought of going to ace for another spring. I figured it was just part of learning how to ride a turbo sled.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
i too have a turbo installed by turbo performance, runs lousy. First had bad run on, was told to take out the spring in the bov. Yep no run on, also no boost NADA. Called and finally Josh called back and said no put the spring back and lengthen the arm on the turbo dump. Said he would call back and did'nt. So put the spring back in have 1 or 2 # boost with run on, runs like crap, my 08 stock

some where there is a boost leak, blown pipe, or bellow,

all bov's go out with a 6psi spring in them. some guys like them tight some guys like them loose, when running 10-12 psi this spring is loose, when running, 6-8 i might be a bit tight. by trimmming one coil off it drops the tension to 4.5 psi.

we have everyone take the spring out to see if the run on stops if it does the a lighter spring needs to be installed.

T
Jul 21, 2008
www.turboboyz.com
Turbo

There must have been a misunderstanding I thought u were going to look at all ur connections then call back.
Call us.
Sorry for the understanding.

Josh.

Last edited:

snowlovers

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Utah and Meeker Colo.
boost problems

Josh did call today and i am going to try to bypass my tru-boost controller and go direct and see if the boost comes back. i also took out the heavy spring in the bov put in a very light spring, very light boost, installed medium spring have 1 or 2 lbs boost but a little run on has also returned, lengthened the arm on the waste gate, no change. Sled has only 5 miles total after turbo install!
I am getting tired of messing with it, have read many posts on here of people fighting boost problems for ever, i am a plug and play kind of guy so if anyone wants to take over on a more than likely small problem the sled is for sale, i am going back to my 08 800xp that has given me no trouble at all. I am to old (65)to drag a sled out of the hills because of a small problem....

U
You really that intent on selling it with only 5 miles on the turbo? That doesn't sound like you have even given it a chance to warm up. Boost going up the trail is always worse than when you have some load on it. Same goes for the bov. You gotta get everything warmed up to get it to work right.

Dude you should drop that thing off at my house for a week and let me tinker on it and I bet we could get it running right. Something is amiss. Probably something easy.

The only time I have bad run on is when I have a leak or get really lean. Do you have EGT gauges?

PM me if you are interested. Or PM me the price to sell it...might be able to flip it if the price is right.

H

huseby76

Feb 22, 2009
Lloydminster / Crowsnest
Josh did call today and i am going to try to bypass my tru-boost controller and go direct and see if the boost comes back. i also took out the heavy spring in the bov put in a very light spring, very light boost, installed medium spring have 1 or 2 lbs boost but a little run on has also returned, lengthened the arm on the waste gate, no change. Sled has only 5 miles total after turbo install!
I am getting tired of messing with it, have read many posts on here of people fighting boost problems for ever, i am a plug and play kind of guy so if anyone wants to take over on a more than likely small problem the sled is for sale, i am going back to my 08 800xp that has given me no trouble at all. I am to old (65)to drag a sled out of the hills because of a small problem....

I would be interested in buying the turbo off you?

Premium Features