• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

E-tec turbo reviews?

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Anybody get any more miles on there E-tec turbos? Are we still waiting on more snow to get some reviews? Fueling issues figured out, motors holding up?
My cousin wants to put one on, but I told him to wait until more people get some time on them. I havent seen any RECENT reviews.
What kit you running, boost, fuel, any problems.....??

J

Jbest103

Feb 7, 2011
I ran the trask kit last season on my etec. Still fueling issues with the fuel controler trying a different one this season. It has a nasty bottom end bog and doesnt provide enough fuel up top. Runs lean. Was at 10 lbs boost and straight 110 fuel. Hopefully this year goes better with the new fuel controller.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Are they using a dobeck style box? Can they not get it dialed in with skidoos new direct injection?

J

Jbest103

Feb 7, 2011
Ya its a doebek style box. Its actually from aerocharger and it just flat out didnt work well.

T
Nov 28, 2010
I have 800 moles on mine no problems. My dads has 1200 on his with no problems. We are running aerowchargers set up by felker motorsports.

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
I said screw it and ordered my BD kit for the etec on Monday. They said 3-4 weeks. I guess I will be the Guinea pig :)

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
I said screw it and ordered my BD kit for the etec on Monday. They said 3-4 weeks. I guess I will be the Guinea pig :)
Sweet. Let us know. Maybe you could do a build log! Couple of questions for you. Does the ETEC have bellows like the XP? Are they saying anything about the stock pipe holding up to boost?

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Felker's Aerocharger kits must be working well... I heard today he has 20-30 new kits sold for this season...

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
turbo

what do you guys think. will this be better than a big bore? how far can you go on a tank of fuel? YOu guys like the bd turbo or the aero charger?

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
Does the etec use the same reeds as the 800r or are they different?

On my 800r I ran 7.5 lbs of boost for a year. A couple times at 10-12lbs of boost and once over 25psi for awhile on accident. All year on a set of boysen turbo reeds for the stock cages. They still looked like new at the end of the year.
Last year I ran a set of rage cages with boysen turbo reeds. I ran 10.3lbs of boost all year. They cracked and chiped the reeds a couple times. Boysen would send me new ones free under warranty. Still a pain taking them in and out. I have another brand new set of turbo reeds for the rage cages I will try. If I have much more of any problems I will put the stock cages back in with boysen turbo reeds in them.
Planing on runing 11.4lbs of boost this year. Their was a huge boost in hp going from 7.5lbs to 10.3lbs. 7.5lbs of boost on pump gas with a gallon of 110. It ran better then any NA sled I ride with, but it wasn't like it was way better. Seemed like it was the best runing NA sled you have ever seen or rode. 10.3lbs of boost is WOW. Now we are talking. It was way more power. I put a timbersled skid on to hold the front end down. it is a 154. Even on 7lbs with the rear skid brackets it wheelied pretty bad. On 10lbs always leaning up over the front to hold it down and have to back out of the throttle in a climb to keep it down. It will still wheelie if you want it to with the timbersled, but it holds it down way better. can focus on riding instead of focusing on keeping the front end down.
With the timbersled and 155x2.5 challenger extreme track and 10.3lbs of boost last year it ran great. I rode with a couple guys that had m1000's with 1200 kits in them and 174x3 tracks. Several times we would get to a hill that would take them 5 or 6 tries track poaching to get over and my xp would make it over first try fresh tracks all the way. I heard one of the m1200's got a turbo for this year.

Last edited:
D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
yes your right, but he also told me he never runs over six pounds, the kits i installed all worked ok at 6lbs as well, but we wanted more

right on the money. I talked to Lynn a week ago about different turbo set-ups. Under 6lbs was decent, over 6 required his magic touch and tuning. I don't want to spend the extra $ to get the "fix". I'm betting on the fact that BD has a reputation to uphold and wouldn't jeopardize it by putting a product on the market that isn't ready. We shall see.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Not a huge Aero fan but Felker can make them run. For the cost of a turbo kit to only run 6lbs or less (pump) isn't worth it to me! As badass1000 said, turn it up to 10+ lbs and the wow fun factor shines. BD has a decent rep but, I also think they overcharge for their product too.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
the part about felker that turned me off, he was not wanting to talk about his install at all and said he could fix my issue in the first 10 seconds with a 300 dollar clutch kit, from exsperience when i meet guys like that, their intrests are not in helping you as much as the color of your money

also mentioned that every install has not come back, and they are all happy.... he is the mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--There will be more options in the future, but it looks like BD may have the best mountain setup for over 6 lbs. -- For example, look at the difference in charge tube material. Aero uses a flexible rubber hose which may work fine for under 6 lbs, BD uses a 2 1/2 aluminium charge tube capable of 20 plus psi

--Seems with BD, the supplied components will easily run double the 6 lbs boost if you wanted to, plus you get the EBC--electronic boost controller

Premium Features