• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aerocharger E-TEC Turbo Systems - all the details

A

Aerocharger_Brad

Jun 28, 2010
www.aerocharger.com
Over the spring and summer we didn't just work on the Polaris sleds. We have also made some changes to our Ski-Doo E-TEC turbo system. For the E-TEC sleds we are still offering the same options that were available last year with a few new additions. For the rider looking for the most power possible we offer an air-to-air intercooled turbo system. After BRP chose to work exclusively with Aerocharger last season this system made 240hp on 7psi of boost using the BRP Race Team dynos in testing for last season’s RMSHA races. The system is capable of running on pump gas or race without making any changes, except boost and clutching. For riders that need to maintain use of their headlights, we also offer a non-intercooled turbo system. Those that choose the non-intercooled system can easily upgrade to an intercooler later if they want to produce even more power.

SKIDOOturbo2.jpg

On both systems we have made revisions to our control of the RAVE valves. With our new addition, low RPM throttle response is sharpened and the occasional RAVE check engine light will be a thing of the past. This will be a standard addition to all turbo systems this season and can easily be added to all previous systems.

rev1.jpg

Along with changes to the RAVE valves we have made modifications to our fuel controller. The modifications will make tuning the E-TEC easier than ever before. All turbo systems sold this year will have this technology included as part of the turbo system's electronics, but will require a re-flash to activate once we are satisfied with the performance.

Aerocommander.jpg

We include an anodized and laser etched gauge pod to hold our boost gauge and Innovate air/fuel ratio gauge. We use the new Innovate MTX gauges in our systems for their improved water resistance as well as sensor durability when compared to other gauge manufacturers. If you do need a new sensor, you won’t have to order if from the manufacturer and wait for it to ship to you. You will be able to stop by your favorite auto parts store and get a new sensor.

gaugepod.jpg

Here is a look at our high-volume air box with built-in secondary injectors and signal ports

SKIDOOairbox.jpg

All of our turbo systems come pre-assembled and ready to go, complete with a simplified instruction manual to make your installation as easy as possible. These turbo systems can be installed by the average user within about 5-hours. After you have the system bolted up just add fuel and pull the rope. All of our E-TEC turbo systems are capable of running on pump or race gas, just change the boost and away you go.

etec_pricing.jpg

Contact us for any questions. We can provide tuning and clutching recommendations over the phone as well as technical support during the installation process. Give us a call at 913.541.0200
This Turbo System Includes:

53 or 66 Series VATN Aerocharger

Turbine Heat Shield w/ Insulator

Custom Intercooler Options

Custom Air Box

Insulated Muffler

Full Silicone Charge Tubes

Billet Blow-Off Valve

Adjustable EFI Controller

Billet Secondary Fuel Rail

Dual Secondary Injectors

OEM-Spec Fuel Lines

Wide-Band Oxygen Sensor

Digital Wide-band Gauge

VDO Boost Gauge

Aerocharger Gauge Mount

High Flow Air Intake

Vent System Included

Installation Hardware

Installation Manual

Fuel Tuning Manual

NO CUTTING OR WELDING

Last edited:

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Thanks Brad... my Aerocharged Etec 800 ran flawless all last year with no issues whatsoever. I ended up with just over 1200 miles with the kit on. It was nice to call your shop an actually talk to someone who took the time to go over my questions. Your after-sale support is really appreciated. Hard to come by these days for sure.

Several guys in our group have Boost Fever and are ordering your kits I hear. Good luck this year.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
So is 240hp the max on this kit? Or can you turn the boost up past 7psi and run more hp?

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Thanks Brad... my Aerocharged Etec 800 ran flawless all last year with no issues whatsoever. I ended up with just over 1200 miles with the kit on. It was nice to call your shop an actually talk to someone who took the time to go over my questions. Your after-sale support is really appreciated. Hard to come by these days for sure.

Several guys in our group have Boost Fever and are ordering your kits I hear. Good luck this year.

So It ran flawless? no stumbles in the bottom end and did not load up with fuel down low? From my understanding the Etech has been one of the hardest sled to dial with a turbo to make it run "flawless". Im not knocking here dont get me wrong just flawless is hard to believe seeing most have failed. The system looks great!!

A

Aerocharger_Andrew

Dec 1, 2010
Overland Park, KS
www.Aerocharger.com
The kit was dyno'd at 240 hp, that is corrected for standard temperature and pressure (sea level and 60F) The kit is capable of running even more boost we just have not dyno'd it at higher pressures. We have very few customers that run more than 7psi, but there are a few running 10-12psi.

At 10,000 ft on a cold day the hp is about 200 hp at 7psi.

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
The kit was dyno'd at 240 hp, that is corrected for standard temperature and pressure (sea level and 60F) The kit is capable of running even more boost we just have not dyno'd it at higher pressures. We have very few customers that run more than 7psi, but there are a few running 10-12psi.

At 10,000 ft on a cold day the hp is about 200 hp at 7psi.

I would have to call a BIG BS on 240 hp at 7psi on a 800.

studboy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Nokomis,SK
Does this kit require changing fuel settings as you change altitude and temps. Or will it control this for you as you go from 2000ft to 8 or 10000 ft. Or as the boost is dialed up. I ride with a turboed yammy and everthing is controlled as the altitude and or boost is changed. I also ride with a yammy with a supercharger and he is constantly adjusting fuel rates to make it run properly, the latter which I do not want to do.

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Hi guys. We are thinking about buy Aerochardger turbo kit for E-Tec.
I have couple of questions. Please tell me.
What is AF/R numbers do you recommend?
We have only 91 fuel and we are sledding at 3000-5000ft.
What is max psi do you recommend?

Thanks you.

Last edited:

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
Air Fuel numbers on the sled are a little on the lean side. The whole time the sled is running and not in boost the AFR will be 16-20:1. When you are in boost you should be 12.5-13.1:1. From what i found when riding the sled at 4000 feet and then going up to elevation 7500-9000 feet the box needed little to no adjustment. If you do need to adjust anything it will just be the Mode 5 which is the Upper Boost Fuel.

As far as fuel and boost I will let Andrew answer that question. I would say 5-7 on pump gas but 7 might be a little high.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
want to go above the current 7.5lbs, blue spring with two shims, was told a few are going up to the 10plus pounds, what is the maximum for the 66 at 7000 feet

at 7.5 lbs i run a 70/30 of 91/race fuel, what will i need for 10lbs??

at 7.5lbs i am seeing 57 to 63mph track speed with a 3 inch 162

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lol where has ol Fred been? I almost kinda miss reading his BS.... Is he embarrassed for getting caught trolling with a different username??

Premium Features