• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Swap meet parts by brand

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Since my life is different today because of the forum changes, let's keep it rolling. How about making the swap meet parts section brand specific. :beer;

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK Guys.
I am going to toss this one back on YOU.

MAP OUT a whole forum layout for me.

Hash It Over in this thread for a while and give me a FULL LIST of what you would like to see

AND....

Offer me a SOLID justification as to WHY it will work BETTER!!

J

JohnnyH

Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
about about the all the aftermarket stuff?? cant really have a section for all of them

To a point you could do it with aftermarket stuff too. Where most aftermarket stuff has a single brand application.

The stuff that has more than one application like tracks, if it was O.E. it could go under a brand subsection or into a general subsection.

Just like if there was a Pipe/Exhaust section with Polaris/Arctic Cat/Ski-Doo/Yamaha sub sections.
If I had a SpeedWerx pipe for a M8, A/C section. You get the picture

I think that there would be a lot more action in the Swap Meet if the stuff was more organized.

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
To a point you could do it with aftermarket stuff too. Where most aftermarket stuff has a single brand application.

The stuff that has more than one application like tracks, if it was O.E. it could go under a brand subsection or into a general subsection.

Just like if there was a Pipe/Exhaust section with Polaris/Arctic Cat/Ski-Doo/Yamaha sub sections.
If I had a SpeedWerx pipe for a M8, A/C section. You get the picture

I think that there would be a lot more action in the Swap Meet if the stuff was more organized.

i thought there was already a ton of action in the swapmeet?

but I get what your saying since most people don't tell ya right away as to what part goes to what brand of sled.

J

JohnnyH

Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
Im not saying that the swap meet is slow, just think of the last time that the search function would not pull up what you were looking for. So you went through page after page of stuff that you had no interest in and or poorly labeled just to see that the one thing that you wanted was just sold the day before.

I just think that a more organized swap meet would be a lot more user friendly

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Of all the forums on SnoWest, the Swapmeet is going to get more attention than anything else.

That request comes right from the very top.
it will end up as a very clear/clean classifieds section.

So it will be VERY easy to locate the items your looking for or offering for sale. That forum, above all others, will be HIGHLY CATEGORIZED.

But while I have some ideas, I wanted to see what everyone else had to say before I attacked it.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I would say break it down by Brand then category. ie

Arctic Cat, Polaris, Skidoo, Yamaha, Other

Then in each of those the categories that are already there ie suspension, tracks, exhaust, engine parts, etc and keep a WTB section under each brand.

I know some will say tracks should be more general but with Cat using a 3" pitch, doo and Polaris using 2.86 but Polaris using 15" wide and doo a 16", and I'm not sure what yamaha is using these days it is pretty brand specific.

This would be my suggestion, since you requested a map.

Last edited:
X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
As for the justification I would say that it would be the most simple way to find the parts your looking for and will help with some of the incomplete info in threads of parts for sale.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada

Then in each of those the categories that are already there ie suspension, tracks, exhaust, engine parts, etc and keep a WTB section under each brand.

I know some will say tracks should be more general but with Cat using a 3" pitch, doo and Polaris using 2.86 but Polaris using 15" wide and doo a 16", and I'm not sure what yamaha is using these days it is pretty brand specific.

I agree completely!

J

JohnnyH

Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT

X3!!!

Premium Features