• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help!!2000 mxz 700

S
Dec 7, 2008
NorDak
i have a 2000 ski doo mxz 700 the other day i put new plugs in it and if ran fine, today i started it up let it warm up and when i took off i fouled a plug, so whatever i put a new set in and it ran fine...getting on down the road it shut off, i thought it was maybe the teather switch or just the kill switch, but i cant quit figure it out, because it will die out, and i can start it up in one pull, and it runs fine again until it dies. sometimes it will run for 10 minutes and sometimes it ill run for 5 seconds, i cleaned the carbs and have tried diffrent plugs again but still think it is coming from the kill switch is the only thing i can think of....someone please help me....thank you or could it possibly be the tether switch at all??

Last edited:
F
Dec 9, 2007
Laramie, WY
From my own experiences, the tether making bad contact/ no contact won't kill the ignition. Suppose it could be the stop switch, but doesn't seem likely to me, either. Stator going bad, maybe... I guess I'd probably start by looking at all the wiring for any scrapes, cuts, chafes, burns... maybe someone else will have betterr ideas.

Premium Features