• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raptor V1-RC

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

ri·fle1
ˈrīfəl/Submit
verb
past tense: rifled; past participle: rifled
make spiral grooves in
to cut grooves in

https://www.google.com/search?q=rif.....69i57j0l5.1599j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/rifled

C'mon boys!~ Vocabulary is important. Use it.

From my POV, that's just going to unscrew the piston or create more wear. This is why I'd like to hear from Raptor on it!

So call or email them directly and ask.

Ask on the forum and you get speculation and opinions.

Raptor (wisely) doesn’t have a presence on the forum.

Report back with the answer oh wise vocabulary genius.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Thought maybe someone here would know...or like, they did 5 posts up, they'd just answer it for everyone to see.

Either way, just was throwing out a question.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Here’s a little look at the inner workings of our new Kinetic line of shocks. As you can clearly see from the V1-RC photo we have channels machined on the inner wall of the shock body. What that does is allows the shock fluid to bypass around the main valving piston as the piston passes through the Ride zone.

The options that we have are endless. We have the flexibility to change the percentage of flow with the depth, width, number, as well as the length of these channels. This combined with a new Anti Pack piston that houses a check valve inside one of the rebound circuits, makes for an incredible amount of control in the Ride zone.

Kinetic-V1RC-Cutaway.jpg

The benefit with having a Bottom out zone is for those big nasty hits maybe expected or, more importantly, not expected. What we typically do with the V1-RC is we have 30% of the remaining part of the stroke as a Bottom out zone. How we achieve this is by ending the bypass channels 70% of the way down the shock body. This forces 100% of the fluid that was bypassing in the Ride zone through the main valving piston causing a significant change in pressure. We refer to this as shifting. We pick when the shock shifts as well as how hard it shifts between these two zones.

This shock design if often compared to those on a trophy truck with the exception that ours being an internal bypass vs an external bypass. The sheer beauty of these designs is they are a self-contained coil-over and need no “in flight” adjustments, no electronics and no last second button pushes. You simply hit whatever is in front of you.

Why does this all matter, it gives the rider a more compliant ride in the Ride zone with better bottom out protection in the Bottom out zone. This will give you much better control of the vehicle with far less effort and far less rider fatigue.

As you can imagine, it gets very busy for us this time of year and we don't get to spend as much time on the forums addressing questions as we'd like. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us by phone, email or on any of our social media channels.

Hey look who changed their username.
Don’t make the same mistake every other manufacturer does.
(Get sucked into an argument with a troll and dragged through the mud)

JP-RaptorShocks

Premium Member
Oct 28, 2011
Thanks for the tip. It was an old username I had before I started at Raptor. Figured it would be easier for customers to recognize if I changed it up and didn't realize we could until Christopher helped me out a few days ago.

We try not to argue with anyone but we do try to correct any glaringly bad info when we get a chance.

Always best to give us a call when you need info.
Hey look who changed their username.
Don’t make the same mistake every other manufacturer does.
(Get sucked into an argument with a troll and dragged through the mud)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Thanks for the tip. It was an old username I had before I started at Raptor. Figured it would be easier for customers to recognize if I changed it up and didn't realize we could until Christopher helped me out a few days ago.

We try not to argue with anyone but we do try to correct any glaringly bad info when we get a chance.

Always best to give us a call when you need info.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just FYI I'm not a troll. I've talked directly with Jake (and will again today or tomorrow!)

My name, as I've stated before, is Jeff Brines.

Not trying to troll anything at all.

I figured this was an opportunity for Raptor to explain technology to the Snowest audience. Their PR was full of "what this will do for you" without really explaining how the suspension is different, why did did certian things etc. Being this looks pretty cool, I think they are leaving something on the table from a communication standpoint, and kind of relgating this stuff to another buzzword laden marketing play, as opposed to a real change in technology.

The rifling is something I've never seen. Hence, I was lobbing one down the middle for them to explain it, and get into the nitty gritty of why this stuff is so awesome from a technology standpoint.

Trolling = not using your real name and egging someone on. I'm doing neither.

Premium Features