• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

helmets

supra_power2

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2008
no-dak
hey looking to buy a new helmet for sledding what does everyone recommend i was thinking about getting a klim one. any experiance with this helmet or other good ones ?

thanks!

O

Ore-sno

Dec 14, 2007
Northeast Oregon
Helments are like underwear, very personel. I have a Klim and like it except on cold days even with the wind stopper insert in it. Try to find a dealer with a large inventory and try on as many as you can. And whatever you do dont go cheap, you dont have to spend a fortune but you do need to spend some. JMO.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
509 is coming out with a helmet line this September. Under $200, lifetime visor warranty, and a line of snowmobile specific graphic themes. More info in the coming weeks. Oh and they of course fit 509 goggles like a glove!

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
509 is coming out with a helmet line this September. Under $200, lifetime visor warranty, and a line of snowmobile specific graphic themes. More info in the coming weeks. Oh and they of course fit 509 goggles like a glove!

did you make one big enough to fit my fat melon in one..;).. :D

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I love my Klim but the stupid fins on the back keep breaking when i smack my head on trees :rolleyes:

I also have a couple of HJC's and a Fly, that have been retired do to some fairly heavy impacts.

All are good in my opinion, but since I sweat like a race horse in the Kentucky Derby, I like my Klim the best. It's the ONLY Helmet I've ever owned that I don't fog at least 4 pairs of goggles a day in. In fact now I normally make it through the entire day on 1 set. So for anyone that sweats like I do, it's great. For the guys and gals on the opposite end of that spectrum it would be a very chilly lid to wear.

K
helmetResized.jpg

Klim's new design. I really hope the 509 goggles will fit this.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
SHOEI makes a nice safe helmet.

I like the SkiDoo modular helmets on real cold days

Premium Features