• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timber sled Rear suspension for a REV

A
Nov 30, 2007
Kelliher,Sask
Has any one used the mountain tamer rev suspension??? Just wondering as i was on there website and it looses 17.5 lbs off an xrs. So im wondering is any one has one on any rev to see if it changed the ride alot or if it is mostly for wieght savings. Any info will be apreciated

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
well I have ridden the tammer suspension and think it works great. What a difference, it makes on the trails and it really controlled the wheelie factor. five stars in my book

Jim

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I have the timbersled on the XRS 156. Have not had it out yet however it works totally differant than stock.Very plush and transfers easily. It did lose 17 LBS. Best thing is its soo clean .Nothing for snow to build up on. Another weight savings,As much as 30 lbs of ice!

revrider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2003
Randle
Has any one used the mountain tamer rev suspension??? Just wondering as i was on there website and it looses 17.5 lbs off an xrs. So im wondering is any one has one on any rev to see if it changed the ride alot or if it is mostly for wieght savings. Any info will be apreciated

I want to know as well. It looks pretty sweet.

A
Nov 30, 2007
Kelliher,Sask
it looks like a nice set up, but is it worth the 1400ish for it. I know for weight savings it is, but is it worth it for the ride. I weigh about 220 so im just lookin for the air ride shocks as i can bump them up to what ever im riding and my weight. thanks for the advice.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I rode mine most of the day and then traded with my buddy and i couldnt believe the difference, I thought the hole time I was riding his, how did i put up with this for the last 6 years. I always new there was better, just didnt want to go m10 because of the weight. I had to add some air and add more air to get the suspension to land with out bottuming out on the back side of the mogals. I am 300 wet and was told by allen that the shock was only valved for 220 lbs rider and adding air in my case is only a bandaid. So he is going to revalve it for me for free. I think anyone thats going to take care of business/customers says something about his product. No excuses, just send it in and I will make it work for ya.. Just my thoughts..

A
Nov 30, 2007
Kelliher,Sask
good to know, maybe if i sell my old sled i will upgrade the old xrs and have it valved for a 250 rider just in case i gain weight, but i hope i loose more, but with christams here u never know.

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
Was a guy on here not too long ago who had an RT that had the Mountain Addiction susp. broke his tunnel :confused:

The Mtn Addiction setup with a set of floats would be nice, really nice. BUT, your going to have as much wrapped up in that as you would in an M10 suspension.

Mtn. Tamer is the best of both worlds id think, cheaper, lighter, and effective.

Mtn. Addiction is pricey, reminds me of the Elkholm stuff, and i have yet to see one on the snow :(

A
Nov 30, 2007
Kelliher,Sask
Well i guess i just have to bite the bullet and buy it in the new year. for 1500 it aint that bad with the fox float air shocks. Ill give it a try and then ill do a write up on it.

Premium Features