• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rumor Cat is making skinny boards?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The 2016 proclimb accessory rear bumper runs right up to the stock footrest at the top of the tunnel. It's different than the 2017 version there. Might require removal from the sled and then notch the bumper a little more.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Woh... so the new boards are bolted on? The old cat boards with the rivets and spacers is brutal.

Can you explain the connection detail to the tunnel?
no they are riveted I was trying something new moving the boards up even more im short
face-icon-small-happy.gif

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
Just bringing this back to the top. Anyone else have the new cat skinny boards installed and what do you think?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I recieved and installed my cat boards last weekend. I've never done tube boards so don't have anything to compare to, but it was a pretty straight forward job. If you use the plastic cleats like I did, an air riveter would be nice due to the number of rivets but a hand riveter got the job done for me. They feel pretty sturdy and sucked the panels in about 1.5" at the bottom. Probably the hardest part is getting the panels to fit decent after sucking in the belly sides. I'd post pics, but photobucket is down right now

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
I recieved and installed my cat boards last weekend. I've never done tube boards so don't have anything to compare to, but it was a pretty straight forward job. If you use the plastic cleats like I did, an air riveter would be nice due to the number of rivets but a hand riveter got the job done for me. They feel pretty sturdy and sucked the panels in about 1.5" at the bottom. Probably the hardest part is getting the panels to fit decent after sucking in the belly sides. I'd post pics, but photobucket is down right now

Vern, I certainly want to hear more from you and see some pics!

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Vern, I certainly want to hear more from you and see some pics!

I'll try and get the few pics I took up as soon as I can.

What else would you like to know? Fitment was pretty good but they definitely had a bit of the typical cat quality control issues. Nothing major or that is visually noticible, just that one board pretty much dropped right on and everything lined up and the other side took a bit of force to get some of the pre drilled holes at the rear of the boards to line up. As far as I know that much variance could be normal with the other brand boards as well. They are riveted to the tunnel up through the boards via the lip left when cutting cutting the boards off vs. the old cat boards that had you rivet through the dual wall tunnel using a series of spacers etc. so that simplifies things. For the most part I just followed wyoboys video on YouTube for the bmfab boards.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Im not sure how much different the Cat boards are from the BDX boards? Has anyone fit either of these boards with the new Helium hood? I presume the helium hood is fit to be narrower than factory panels, how does that fit w boards?

coolm7cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2008
Montana
Order some. Hopefully they will show up soon. I think they will be a big improvement over stock boards.

Premium Features