• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

skidoo upper a arms

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
We are currently working with IceAge to possible get them produced a little easier and in decent quantity so we can keep them affordable but also manage demand.

Thanks for your patience.

B
Oct 12, 2010
Morgan Utah
Intersted in buying a set of the uppers. pm'd jskattum606 a few times with no reply. Are you guys selling these bad boys?

I've got my panties in a bunch too but they posted 2 days ago that they were working on getting them produced in a large quantity to get prices down. Sounds like they will be available before December. All this early season snow in various places is making us impatient!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Sorry guys. Ive been super busy with work this summer so I can take most of the winter off. We should be moving into the shop end of this coming week. So if the ice age deal falls through. Ill get some built and sent off. Thanks for all of the interest!
Also something for you guys to do in the mean time is get some polaris grippers for those xp's. They make a huge difference along with these a arms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
I have a new set of a arms i would like to get out there. They are replacements to the stock uppers on the 38" a arms and from what ive tested and seen so far they really improve the ability to hold a side hill on the XP chassis. This spring i would like to get 5 sets out there and ridden on with reviews back on this forum if possible.
These will be Flat black powdercoated.
chromoly construction
TIG welded
I have one set of light weight ones left 1.2 LBS lighter per sled
The other 4 sets are equal to stock weight
I will build more this summer but would like these first sets to go to people that are still riding. Thanks
$120 shipped in the states

Hey Guys,

Just getting my head around this as I have seen a couple different approaches to this xp "issue". Am I understanding this correctly essentially what these upper a arms are doing is standing the spindle up straighter, changing the caster angle? It looks as though it was a fairly significant angle change.

Based on our past custom motorcycle building, what you have done makes sense to make the sled handle "looser" as you stand the spindle up straighter it will give you less "trail" and make the skis respond quicker.

Am I understanding that correctly.

I find the SPI solution with their a arm kit interesting, by moving the skis ahead 3 inches and standing the spindle up straighter. I understand what they are trying to do, make it more stable for side hilling but they are effectively lengthening the "wheelbase" of the sled, which in my mind would make the sled less responsive in tight turning and trees, however would make it more stable in side hill.

Interested in your thoughts?

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Those are my thoughts exactly! I dont understand skins moving everything forward. Thats one reason the xp handles worse than the rev. It is stretched out another 6-8 inches. makes the front feel heavy.
Sorry for the delay on these guys. will be moving into the new shop for sure at the end of next week. Im stoked!

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Those are my thoughts exactly! I dont understand skins moving everything forward. Thats one reason the xp handles worse than the rev. It is stretched out another 6-8 inches. makes the front feel heavy.
Sorry for the delay on these guys. will be moving into the new shop for sure at the end of next week. Im stoked!

Yes exactly! Stretching it out may make it more stable, but it is already to "stable" IMO.

By standing the spindle up straighter with your A arm design, it will make the sled more responsive by changing the angle of the spindle.

Great idea and best of luck with your sales!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Sorry for the delay guys. We are working with ice age mfg to make these arm. They should be available through them shortly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2007
Its unfortunate that they are having trouble getting this idea off the ground. I made a set and it seriously saved me 10k on an xm.

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
How do these arms work, are they tilting the spindle upwards a little making the spindle stand more straight up?

Premium Features